ACN Latitudes Forums

Turmeric question

My son has been doing really well recently. He is currently on a 30 day course of Azithromycin, and on days 6 and 7 of the course, he was back to 100%! It was amazing. We also started him on Enhansa (turmeric) at around the same time--started low with 150 mg in the morning. When we added a second pill in the evening (for a total of 300 mg/day), his stuttering returned slightly. I'd still call him at 90% as it isn't bad, and none of his other symptoms (fears, OCD, etc.) returned, just the minor stuttering. I have read that Turmeric can increase dopamine levels, which can cause stuttering in some instances, but I am not sure if 300 mg of enhansa would be enough to raise dopamine levels. I stopped giving him the pills today to see what happens, but just thought I'd check to see if anyone was knowledgeable about this. I'd really like to keep him on the enhansa to help with inflammation, but if it is indeed causing the stuttering to return, I'll obviously looks for something else... Thank you!

You cant promise much with this disorder, but I can pretty much say that it is not the turmeric. Turmeric is an anti-inflammatory. What your are more likely seeing is the wax/waning signature that comes with this disorder. I would not pull back on the turmeric. I myself have used it. I have chronic shoulde/back pain. The turmeric works just as well, if not better, then 4 extra strength Motrin. That says volumes for it's anti-inflammatory benefits.

Edited by qannie47

well, it is also possible that your child does not process sulfur well and that it is turmeric causing the reaction. our children would react to turmeric just as yours did. we know from 23 and me that sulfur is a problem for us. discontue it and see if the symptoms disappears, strat it again in a week or so and see if it comes back or just do 23 and me.

you can read about turmeric and sulfur here http://www.livingnetwork.co.za/chelationnetwork/food/high-sulfur-sulphur-food-list/