ACN Latitudes Forums

Can 6 year molars cause a flare?

I have just realized my ds8 had his worst flare after cavity filling. A mouth bacteria was found in his tonsils when they were removed.

Also I was just at the Providence PANDAS conference and they stated dental work can cause a flare so I would assume molars can too.

Melmix

DS8 PANDAS/PANS/Lyme

We always saw a flare up when he was losing teeth. It was really bad for about a year when the rest of the baby teeth seemed to be falling out every couple of months.

Now that he has been treating the lyme, (all the other stuff happened before we had the lyme diagnosis) he is currently getting his 12 year molars and I am not seeing any flare ups.

I also heard one of the doctors mention at a conference that teeth could cause this. Just keep close watch and see if things settle down after they come in. Good luck.

Anything that allows bacteria to enter the blood stream can cause a flare. Yes, teeth coming in can cause a flare. It does not for everyone, but it does for some. Have you tested the surface of her teeth (not just throat) for strep? I was amazed to find strep on kiddos and my teeth.

Actually, this is a reminder I need to retest our teeth :).

Edited by mayzoo

Just thought I would mention that I ran across something that talked about histamine being released to soften gums when kids were teething. That was some thing that I wouldn't have thought of as contributing. My kids are the allergic type. Histamine flare was the only time I saw what PANS/PANDAS parents describe as abrupt onset or a totally changed child.

Edited by kim