ACN Latitudes Forums

Child seems to be healing but suddenly becoming Paranoid?

Hi everyone,

Ds 11 PANS/Bart/Babs. Has had this for 7 years but treatment only 1 year. We are on Rifampin .75 mg every other day. (solo) Doc doesn't want to add another anti b yet :(. I know that's way low Any more than that, however, and it becomes unmanageable (herx and PANS). We are already homebound. Hey but!!!! We are finally seeing clear days Yipeee. He has time throughout the day where he is actually happy and thinking clearer. Another yip! No more wetting bed and feeling finally in his feet.

But!!!.......

Past week or so he has started becoming paranoid. Makes comments that he is scared of aliens and that Daddy is cheating on Mommy and people might peek in the windows at night. This scares the heck out of us. Still has moments thru out day of crying and clinging and extreme emotions but the paranoia comments come when he seems calm. Anybody have this.??,We have seen this before when treatment first started. (1 yr ago) Starting Buspar today (super low dose 1.5 mg). Psych meds as in many of the kids, don't work typically for him. However, the emotional instability comes on like a tornado AND PRACTICALLY cripples him with fear. I know this could be around a while so looking for some relief for him. He describes the anxious feelings as if they come on him like a giant wave of nerves. Doing Hemp oil,& passion flower .Yes they help. But not nearly enuff. The paranoia piece is really most often seen when he is more calm. Its intermingled in his normal talk which makes me more scared. Thank you for any comments you can give!

PS I am embaressed to say I have considered asking the doc about giving him low dose Xanax. All the other serotonin and dopamine drugs mess him up more. Thanks again!!

Your doctor should not be using rifampin monotherapy; doing so will lead quickly to bacterial resistance. It needs to be taken with another antibiotic, in our case biaxin - because DD13 is allergic to bactrim which is often used in combination with rifampin in the treatment of bartonella.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rifampicin

In my opinion your DS is being undertreated and will continue to manifest psych symptoms until the infections are resolved. Rifampin does not treat babesia.

Edited by rowingmom

Hi,

Thanks for your prompt response. :) Yes I agree. When we started this LLMD last month our DS was so sick from g6pD reaction to Bactrim and other supplements. He says he works like peeling an onion and will go slow one infection at a time. I am well read on rifampin and spoke about in not being used as a solo and he said he will add later. Its been 5 weeks and we are very low. I do see a good response but not by far 100%. The moods and bi polar like behavior is still here on and off but seeing more of his old self peek thru. This LLMD had been doing this for 30 yrs and has a protocol I guess. I will insist next visit though so thanks. We are taking Kudzu and ramping up with Julie M the Buhner herbs. Also LLMD started us on Pinella for brain detox and has been just short of AMAZING and just started Spargo for Sulpha detox (metragnx product) we are getting some herx help from these. It just goes from bart herx into PANS reactions (flares) over and over. We are now starting to see babs stuff we never saw before. We will address this concern next week/ One more thing, we are also attempting redroot intro but at even 1 drop he cant handle it. Thnx.