ACN Latitudes Forums

Have you had this symptom from too many antibiotics?

My child and I have been on abx. for over a year. In the last several 4 or 5 months we have both been getting sick every two weeks with horrible sore throats and colds. We never use to get sick so I thought this was a good thing and that our immune systems were working, but we are sick a lot now!!!

She also had a low CBC on blood work this time. I am doing some research and it seems antibiotics could cause some of this. Any experience with this type of reaction? Thanks for the help.

My child and I have been on abx. for over a year. In the last several 4 or 5 months we have both been getting sick every two weeks with horrible sore throats and colds. We never use to get sick so I thought this was a good thing and that our immune systems were working, but we are sick a lot now!!!

She also had a low CBC on blood work this time. I am doing some research and it seems antibiotics could cause some of this. Any experience with this type of reaction? Thanks for the help.

Yes. In our case, our child was doing great first few months and then became weak and began to decline. We found that he developed G6PD (unable to properly process sulpher drugs). Blood test can help confirm. Many people have some sort of sulpha issues but never know it because it doesn't become an issue for them. Our DS had a slight deficiency but antibiotics (our case Bactrim) and stress to body on certain sups can cause toxic oxidation in some. Now we have to go very slow on everything including anti b and had to remove many supplements' that irritate this condition. It can be serious so look into it. On the hand, anti B's themselves can weaken the immune system. I know that sounds like an oxymoron but this is the tight rope we all walk with our ill children. We increase immune boosters while treating in hopes to balance out the possible negatives. God Bless!