ACN Latitudes Forums

Hi, folks,

We saw a lot of OCD relief when my ds14 went on ibuprofen. Many others report the same.

We are beginning to try pterostilbene supplements. There are a few companies out there who have them. VERY powerful bioavailable natural anti=inflammatory. I don't use this company with the link below, full disclosure. But this is a nice summary.

http://www.pteropure.com/ptero/index.html

I would also call attention to the work of Harvard's David Sinclair and NAD as possibly helpful. Much of the work on the cells that age and reducing this aging process can have applications in our own lives, and our children's. Reverse the aging process, reverse aging of the brain that comes with our children's condition.

https://www.yahoo.com/health/researcher-hunting-the-key-to-aging-believes-95193101362.html

We will let you know how this goes. Celebrex, with all its side effects, has had some good success with a couple of people's children here. Why not a more natural more powerful version?

• 1 year later...

This is a very old thread but...has anyone tried pterostilbene for purposes of a natural anti-inflammatory and did you find it helpful? I'm always on the lookout for additional natural anti-inflammatory options to add to our collection. We have resveratrol (japanese knotweed/polygonum cuspidatum from Seeking Health) and curcumin (Meriva from Jarrow).

Pterostilbene has been studied for a variety of issues in addition to cancer. I noticed this study on mice and anxiety: Anxiolytic action of pterostilbene: involvement of hippocampal ERK phosphorylation.

Pterostilbene attenuates lipopolysaccharide-induced learning and memory impairment possibly via inhibiting microglia activation and protecting neuronal injury in mice.

Pterostilbene exerts anti-neuroinflammatory effect on lipopolysaccharide-activated microglia via inhibition of MAPK signalling pathways

Edited by jan251

Philamom - how are you?!

I've never used celebrex for Pandas, but my dad uses it for arthritis. When it went generic, he says he saw a difference in effectiveness and is wanting his doctor to insist on the real deal, if medicare will pay for it. But he also started an OTC supplement called OsteoBiflex, which he says works as good as celebrex. I recently started having inflammation in my hands and it does help a lot (of course, I keep trying to do intense home repairs and aggravating the situation). It's main ingredient is boswellia, an herb used for centuries for inflammation.

So you could try either boswellia or this https://www.amazon.com/Osteo-Bi-Flex-Triple-Strength-Tablets/dp/B00006FE3S/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1470600528&sr=8-1&keywords=osteo+biflex

Note - there seem to be several varieties of this - one contains MSM, which I need to avoid due to a CBS mutation. So compare the various options. I use the one that only has boswellia, chondriotin and glucosamine.

Hope things are better?

Hi llm! For the most part things are going well - something recently brewing. Doctor prescribed dd Celebrex for a few really elevated autoantibodies markers. I will send you a pm so not to derail this thread. Thanks for the info, and call a handyman with the lottery winnings. lol