ACN Latitudes Forums

Probiotics/tics

My dd11 is going through a bunch of things right now. MD said pull her off of everything for a week...constipation, nausea and mono. Let's give her belly a rest. Her tics are gone!! Added things in 1 by 1 and her probiotics are causing her tics. We need them! It is Kalire 25billion Lacto/Bifido. Too much? Wrong kind?

Maybe it's the type of probiotic. I'm no expert but there are types of probiotics that form lactic acid. One or some of the lacto strains are the culprit. Some people are sensitive to it. My son takes a Klaire probiotic with 50 billion CFU's/pill. He gets 100 billion a day. No tics. It has Lactobacillus rhamnosus, which has a lot of research behind it, Lactobacillus casei, and Bifodobacterium bifidum, which also has some research behind it. I would look into the various strains in the probiotic vs looking at the entire probiotic.

Maybe it's the type of probiotic. I'm no expert but there are types of probiotics that form lactic acid. One or some of the lacto strains are the culprit. Some people are sensitive to it. My son takes a Klaire probiotic with 50 billion CFU's/pill. He gets 100 billion a day. No tics. It has Lactobacillus rhamnosus, which has a lot of research behind it, Lactobacillus casei, and Bifodobacterium bifidum, which also has some research behind it. I would look into the various strains in the probiotic vs looking at the entire probiotic.

Would you mind telling me the name from Klarie? We use Woman's Health. Thanks

I had Klaire 5 billion Vital Plex...Lactobacillis acidophilus, L. Rhamnous, Bifo. Gave her 20 billion.....tics an hour later. Maybe it's the amount and not the brand??

I found this topic interesting because I'm new at all this and we were recently diagnosed.We also are on a probitotic which I thought would help heal their gut which would help with healing and symptoms so I'm curious why probiotics might cause tics? Not questioning it but wanting more info. Wondering if perhaps we should do a trial of no probiotics?