ACN Latitudes Forums

Pans/Bart child refuses showers because feet burn and becomes emotional

Ds is now having burning feet in the shower and then begins to get very emotional for some time after. Can the heat from shower cause a Herx? His feet turn fire red and now he claims his skin hurts all over for about 30 minutes after he gets out. I have tried cooler water but it's still warm enough to cause reaction. He hates the shower now and rarely enters. Any ideas? Perhaps an antihistamine before? Is this a good sign that things are dying?? I mentioned this to his doctors and they just sort of shrugged. He is being treated for Bart and on Ramifcan 150mg a day. LLMD does not want him on another even though I have read two is necessary. Trying to stay on treatment and trust the doc. Thanks for any thoughts :)

I can only answer for my kiddo. She refuses showers or baths right now. For her, it is a sensory issue. She says the shower is way to loud, but also will not take a bath or wear ear plugs. That is likely a sensory thing about water and it surrounding her.

Rather than unnecessarily upsetting kiddo, I use a soapy wash cloth to keep her clean right now, and medicate her for anxiety prior to washing her hair in the kitchen sink. It works for us anyway.