ACN Latitudes Forums

Just passing along some information for parents of PANs/PANDAs

I ran into someone in upstate New York named Will Cook who had put his son through 2 years worth of antibiotics before his son's white blood cell count dropped and he ended up going down the path of essential oils. He has this thing patted down to a science, the usage of the essential oils, and detoxing. He is a pastor who spent a lot of the last 3 years studying about PANDAs and PANs and in 4 months of essential oils usage, his son came out of the motor tics, mood swings etc. and has never looked back.
I am in personal touch with him and he is helping my daughter with a personalized plan. He is not a doctor, he is just a pastor but he is currently helping about 100+ families. He has done lots of research, as you can see on his website below. He saw the video of a Mom named Chelsa applying Essential Oils to her son Joey that took away his motor tics. Chelsa helped Will and now he is helping so many families of parents with children that have PANDAs or PANs like symptoms.
Will keeps in touch with some prominent PANDA doctors in Connecticut and New Jersey and publishes articles on his site that he gets info about from them periodically. He had hit rock bottom with his son when his white blood cell count dropped to such levels and felt he had to seek alternate treatment. That is how his essential oils investigation and depth of information on his site came all about. Just thought I'd give you some background info if that helps.
In case you wanted to see it, here it is:
While I am not 100% certain my kid is a PANDAs or PANs kid, I do know she has motor tics following the flu/Tamiflu, and has had some mood swings in the past though none like a meltdown. She does feel calmer with the essential oils and sleeps well since I started it a week ago, the tics still persist. I feel that I need to exhaust every natural means along with diet to deal with the bacteria and viruses. I am giving the Essential oils a few months try to the best of my abilities. Wish me luck.
Best of luck to all of you parents!!!

Edited by sriramcs

which oils did you give

I am not an expert on oils, so I am following Will's advice on this.

There are certain oils that are favorable for the brain like Brainpower, Peace and Calming, Clarity, Valor, Vetiver etc. and then there are certain oils like Frankincense that are anti-inflammatory oils. A combination of those are normally used.

Each child is unique. Will normally formulates these plans based on what symptoms the child is showing (because Chelsa's son had a different kind of tics than Will's son and so have different ones) and provides you those. I'd suggest you contact Will directly through his website:

http://www.pandashopeforhealing.com/

Look at the testimonials out there. Click on the 'free phone consultation' link, that should get to Will soon. Will has made it his mission to educate and help other families like mine and others about PANDAs and the usage of oils.

can someone on this forum corroborate success with essential oils? descriptions I found suggest immediate effect -- almost miraculous reversal which makes me seek more sources

anyone?

I think you should google "essential oils and blood brain barrier" and will find a lot of positive connections as to how essential oils have an impact on the blood brain barrier.

That is what got me going in that direction. Hopefully, I can give you some positive news in a few months.

Here are some articles I found that I thought I'd share (there is a lot of science in it):

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3796379/

http://www.rnoel.50megs.com/pdf/theblood.htm

Here is a video that I found: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cycfWaWnrkU

Edited by sriramcs

I agree - the lack of information is suspicious. All of us with PANDAS kids are desperate and vulnerable. Until we can openly share specific and detailed information of what oils are used and for what symptoms, this is just essential snake oil

Edited by dasu

Which oils did you give? I respect that you are not the exprert, but all of us on this forum would greatly appreciate the specific oils that you gave. Thanks!

This probably will be my last post on this forum for a while because I prefer to surround myself with those that won't throw stones at what I perceive to be pointing them in the right direction. I don't know the answers, all I can tell you is that I am trying. You don't know me and I don't know you but I will say this. I will give you this info that I am using on my daughter right now but let me qualify again that I am not an oil expert and I got this plan from someone who treated his son for PANDAs and got it to work, that is my strong disclaimer.

I don't need any of your money or need to sell oils to any of you, period, let us get that out of the way, I am blessed with a good only primary job and recently signed up for a Young Living account just to get essential oils wholesale instead of retail. I just want my 7 year old daughter's motor tics to go away, that was the only reason I joined this forum. You can check my posts prior to even going down this route. My daughter's tics symptoms include shoulder shrugging, neck rotation, playing with her hair etc., I am sure a lot of you can relate to that.

To provide info on what I am exactly using on my daughter now (all essential oils, I purchased from Young living) :

1) I do a skull suture application overnight of Frankincense (anti-inflammatory) and Clarity (brain friendly oil). Clarity can be substitued with BrainPower as well. Skull sutures are easier to spot on kids' skulls than the hard ones of adults. The skull sutures are the quickest way for the oils to infiltrate the blood brain barrier.

2) I give her 1 ounce two times daily of Ningxia Red, a wolfberry extract juice from Young Living that has powerful anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties to clean her gut. I give her Mightyzymes, a young living supplement to aid with digestion since Ningxia Red has antibiotic properties and I have to balance it out with digestion aids and I also give her daily probiotics.

3) I apply the capsule formula (Melaleuca Oil, Cistus, Exodus, Copaiba, Balsam Fir, Lavender, Thieves, Thyme and Oregano 1 drop each) to the base of each foot overnight. I also do a combination of easy breathing oils like Lavender, White Angelica, Peppermint etc. in a diffuser by her.

4) I apply the raindrop massage with 2 drops of all the above oils on the back of my daughter once a week in about 10+ steps of the raindrop massage (popular massage used by massage therapists).

An increase in initial tics and abdominal discomfort are symptoms that are possible that you should be prepared for and not get discouraged by, a lot of detoxing has to happen before the body heals. I am not jumping to my medicine bottles like I used to before, letting the body heal itself naturally, at least during this period of essential oils. I want to treat anything and everything naturally as much as possible (like tea with ginger for upset stomach etc.). Do not chase symptoms, focus on the cause. This has been echoed by countless parents in their testimonials on the www.pandashopeforhealing.com page.

I have been using it on my daughter for about 2 weeks now and so far, I am noticing the same stuff those parents are noticing. I am hoping that over time, these tics will be gone. Right now, there are lots of good periods when she is not detoxing heavily, like 2 hours approx. without tics, so I thought I'd share, I'm holding on to those positives for a start. Good luck to all parents!!! I'd be glad to answer PMs anytime you want. I know the feeling of a parent that is vulnerable, which I am now, so many sleepless nights and anxiety sweats. But I have to press on and try my best, whether you believe in my approach or not.

Edited by sriramcs

I take offense at description "throwing stones". posts, including my own, for other confirmation by others. that is very far from throwing stones.

we ask for confirmation on this forum for any and all new suggestions. corroboration is necessary before we invest time, energy and money.

I am not sure why you would call that throwing stones and why you would take an offensive tone.

Edited by pr40

I take offense at description "throwing stones". posts, including my own, for other confirmation by others. that is very far from throwing stones.

we ask for confirmation on this forum for any and all new suggestions. corroboration is necessary before we invest time, energy and money.

I am not sure why you would call that throwing stones and why you would take an offensive tone.

Terms like "marketing ploy" (something you used in a different thread), "essential snake oil" are terms I associate with shooting the messenger. I have made clear I don't have the answers, yet people want answers, so I finally shared all I know and see. I am not employed by Young Living, and I have the same testimonies to go by that you have read, and I am in week 2 of this effort, and need to devote my positive energy to my child. My stress levels as a parent are obviously getting to me, sorry if that came across as offensive.

That is all I can say, man.

• 1 year later...