ACN Latitudes Forums

"Prayer by Letters" from Mail

Hi All,

I have just rec'd a "Prayer by Letters" from Saint Matthew's Churches in Tulsa, OK. It comes with a prayer rug and a list of things that you can pray for, such as health, children, money.... and also asking for a seed gift (money) to God's work.

I am so disturb by this because i am like most people here rely on my faith in God everyday for the health of my family and wisdom to make good decisions. When i first opened this mail i was happy becuz is like God sending this to me, then after reading it, reality sets in and i can't help but to wonder if this is a scam trying to take advantage of desperate people.

I am stress out about what to do with this letter because part of me want a miracle to happen, but on the other hand, i believe it is a scam. And the letter only allows 24 hrs to response!!

Any advise?!! Thx!

Patty

Hi Patty,

my first inclination was to say that if this is from a church that is not of your religion, then I wouldn't give it another thought. God will hear all our prayers and I don't think money is required.

But I couldn't resist, and I found this.

http://www.saintmatthewschurches.com/StMat...rRugLetter.aspx

It's probably not exactly a scam, since it does say you don't HAVE to send money, but again, if you have to question it, then its not for you.

Faith

Thx for the feedback, Carolyn & Faith.

Faith, thx for taking the extra effort to find St. Mathew's website. I logged on and it seems legitimate. However, i do feel that you are right, God hears all prayers! I have no problem sending seed offering if this is legitimate but i hate to be scamed for my vulnerability.

Patty

Hi All,

I have just rec'd a "Prayer by Letters" from Saint Matthew's Churches in Tulsa, OK. It comes with a prayer rug and a list of things that you can pray for, such as health, children, money.... and also asking for a seed gift (money) to God's work.

I am so disturb by this because i am like most people here rely on my faith in God everyday for the health of my family and wisdom to make good decisions. When i first opened this mail i was happy becuz is like God sending this to me, then after reading it, reality sets in and i can't help but to wonder if this is a scam trying to take advantage of desperate people.

I am stress out about what to do with this letter because part of me want a miracle to happen, but on the other hand, i believe it is a scam. And the letter only allows 24 hrs to response!!

Any advise?!! Thx!

Patty

I got the same thing. I looked at the optical illision a few times (eyes that look closed) and then threw it in the trash. God does not work through chain letters. Nor is there any reason to believe that those who send those letters speak for God or are any more spiritual than you or I.

I've been studying and asking God about healings. In the Gospels healings performed by Jesus were followed with these words "It's your faith that has healed you". So NO money doesn't bring about miracles but prayer and our faith can!