ACN Latitudes Forums

What type of Magnesium?

Pie_224

Hello,

I want to start taking magnesium for my tics, as I understand it's a main tic reducer. Can anyone recommend exactly what type of magnesium they've had success with and if it's more effective when taking it with something else, I think I read some take it with zinc, thanks.

• 7 months later...

Hello,

I want to start taking magnesium for my tics, as I understand it's a main tic reducer. Can anyone recommend exactly what type of magnesium they've had success with and if it's more effective when taking it with something else, I think I read some take it with zinc, thanks.

Hi there. From the reading I have done and research, I have found that it is the Magnesium Taurate that works best for tics. (there are different forms of magnesium) I just had to stop the Mag. Taurate I was on because it made me really ill. I've heard that it has worked for a lot of people. As with anything, I would discuss this with your Dr first. Take care. *J*

• 1 month later...

Hi There,

It was suggested that Chelated Magnesium is the type of Magnesium to take. I heard that magnesium can result in gastro intestinal issues (diarriah and cramps) but when taking the Chelated Magnesium it has been known to illuminate that typical side effect.

My son has Tourette's and I'm a Mo that is trying my best to find natural ways to help Him.

I hope this helps.

• 3 weeks later...