ACN Latitudes Forums

Cannabis oil

We use hemp CBD oil since cannabis oil would be illegal in my state. I have heard cannabis oil helps differently but similarly to Hemp CBD oil. Both have CBD in them, but hemp CBD oil lacks the THC (psychoactive component) that cannabis oil has.

We use Cibdex (500mg per 2 oz). It is "on sale" on Amazon right now. Rather than 160.00 it is 97.00 for the vanilla, 110.00 for the natural, and right at 90.00 for the peppermint. I just re-ordered about an hour ago since kiddo is in a mild flare. We had stopped using it for a while, but now seems like a good time to restart to cut down on some of her anxiety. It still seems to help a lot for her. I ordered the vanilla flavor this time. The peppermint was too strong, and the natural was unpleasant, but kiddo preferred it to the peppermint. I will see how the vanilla goes :).

It does seem to help with "the upsets" which seem to be anxiety related around here. She gets very emotional and her vocal tic rares its nasty head. This seems to tame that down or relieve it all together. My other choice to alleviate the upsets is klonopin, and while that is cheaper, it is not my first choice for many reasons. It is more sedating, and the scripts are somewhat hard to get. I do not want to use it enough such that it becomes impossible to get.

Everything else helps, but is not a magic bullet like these two seem to be. Valarian, benadryl, japanese knotweed, kudzu, iburpofen and true calm all help to varying degrees, but do not alleviate the symptoms completely like CBD and klonopin do most the time.

Edited by mayzoo

Hello! Have not been on for a while...but my ds17 is using CBD.

We are using Bluebird Botanical Bulletproof CBD blend. It has other ingred. that our ND likes too. We started at 15 drops at night and now do it 2xday. The only reaction I have seen in 3 weeks is a more calm son. :) They have this in a new dosage (6x amount) which I will be ordering next since it would only take 2 drops. They have a 35% off now with discount code: bp6x (lower case) until Feb. 1. Will address reducing dosage days at his next doctor visit in a few weeks. The folks at Bluebird mentioned that some reduce to 4-5 days a week because it builds up in the system.

Bluebird product is legal in all states (legal info on their site) because of ingredients.

We are using for brain healing. Other interesting product we are using for depression is "Gabawave" produced by Bulletproof Nutrition, Inc. which is produced in my area. Best wishes and good luck!

We have never tried the cinnamon. Since PANDAS onset, kiddo will not eat anything "spicy" and I am afraid cinnamon fits that description.

The vanilla in my opinion is the most tolerable of the three flavors. Yes, 500mg (total) per 2 oz bottle. With Cibdex, it is in a squirt bottle. We use 2 squirts under her tongue twice a day right now, with a dose in between if she has "the upsets." With bluebird, we used 15 drops twice a day.

• 4 months later...

Instead of starting a new thread, I found this older one.

Just wanted to ask, how do you know how much CBD is in whatever you are giving? The RSHO says a % of CBD on the syringe but I can't find the amount of CBD in the other ones, like Bluebird, Cibdex, etc.

mayzoo, you are still using it and finding it helpful? Have you had to increase dose? Thank you!

We still use it about 2-3 times a week or so. Not faithfully, but when she gets the upsets I give trying to avoid giving klonopin.

Edited by mayzoo

Depends on the flavor. The natural tastes kinda grassy, the peppermint tastes like a very strong tic tac, the vanilla is strong vanilla. I mixed part of a vanilla and peppermint and that worked out best. Just as they are, kiddo prefers the natural probably because it is not as strong, but she also does not have taste sensory issues.