ACN Latitudes Forums

tamiflu and psychiataric side effects

pr40

My DS took one dose of Tamiflu a few years ago when H1N1 was first going around. It gave him a weird out-of-body eperience (as best an 8 yr old can describe it) and he developed a leg movement that looked like tardive dyskinesia. We stopped after the first dose and it went away within the day.

It's not widely reported, but when it was first used in Japan for bird flu, there were several news stories of people committing suicide or having serious psych side effects. Google - I can't recall the details.

My son was 10 in 2010 and got the flu; he was given Tamiflu and within the week he was having night terrors. Soon after that, he developed OCD. I don't know if the flu virus triggered PANS, or if the Tamiflu triggered everything, but I will never let my children ever take Tamiflu again.

• 2 weeks later...

My daughter developed motor tics post flu, post Tamiflu. I have been in touch with another parent whose son, co-incidentally 6 got the flu before Christmas time and developed OCD and motor tics. That was four years ago, in 2010 December. Now, her son is free of the tics but still struggles with OCD and sensory issues. However, she also has a friend whose daughter developed tics post flu, without Tamiflu. So, if you are asking for proof that Tamiflu did it, I cannot say it did it. But it did put something over the edge, I strongly feel.

If you read closely, Tamiflu cuts down the recovery time by only 2 days. But it is prescribed for 5 days typically. If I were advising a parent, I would say take it for 2 days and throw it away. It will keep the virus from multiplying with 2 days of Tamiflu in their system and let the body's natural antibodies kick in after that. My daughter still has those tics from 2 months ago (though slightly less frequent than what they were), and thankfully no OCD symptoms so far. I have gotten her diet straightened out right away once I noticed the tics and now, I have her on essential oil application every night to the bottom of her feet and a raindrop massage once a week since her tic symptoms are not terrible (once every half hour or hour).

This is my personal experience. Good luck.

what essential oils are you using? Thieves? please advise.

thnks Brenda 20 yr old another flare then another first flare age 19 to HSV1 her dad had a bad fever blister back in Nov 2013

what essential oils are you using? Thieves? please advise.

thnks Brenda 20 yr old another flare then another first flare age 19 to HSV1 her dad had a bad fever blister back in Nov 2013

Go to www.pandashopeforhealing.com and click on the free phone consultation link. Once you talk to Will, ask all the questions you want.

It is amazing how much Will has dived deep into PANDAs and essential oils because of what he went through for his son. I even Skyped with him to make sure he is who he says he was, I am sure a lot of doubting Thomases here would do the same too given the stakes :).

In our case, I think Tamiflu helped. My daughter caught the flu for the last two years. The first time she was too far along to receive Tamiflu. She went on a downward OCD and tic spiral to where she was barely functioning. This year, we caught it early enough to start Tamiflu and I figured we had nothing to lose so she took it. She is having OCD and tics, but she is not near as bad as she was without the Tamiflu.

I would think the Tamiflu would slow down the viral and autoimmune build-up but who knows??!!