ACN Latitudes Forums

Your thoughts on some research I have heard/ Dr. Stewart Kendal

Hi everyone,

I am very new to all this; like it's been a week. and like all of you who came here for answers and help, I have driven myself nuts in the last week devouring all the information I can get to fight for my 6year old son back.

I found the link to a very interesting presentation on this forum that I have been watching from Dr. Kendal Stewart on neurological Auto-immune disorders. IF what he said is true, then his treatments steps make sense to me . . (.of course he's selling the supplements to help.). I had difficulty finding too much tying him to anything valid about PANDAS/PANS etc treatments,

Here's my question: Has anyone had the premise of his research confirmed by other doctors/neurologists . . .(The premise is that Neurological Auto-immune syndromes occurs because of the following factors : vitamin d deficiencies, problem with enzyme making methatetrahydratefolate, and probs with dopamine levels; he also states that there are number things that can "throw you down that vortex (emotions, trauma,vaccinations, surgery, environmental factors, bacteria, meningitis etc etc) but WHAT throws you down isn't as important is HOW you get back up the vortex and what is standing in the way of doing that. . .

Which means that you can't heal the brain or until you heal the damaged/inflamed nerves . . and how you do that is to make sure the Vitamin deficiencies, folate and probs with dopamine levels are controlled to start the healing process. (That's my watered down , and hopefully accurate version of what I heard).

Has anyone else heard this from a treating physician? Has that physician's treatment approach helped your child . . .

.AND if you have had this confirmed. . has anyone tried any of his supplements for PANS/PANDAS etc and found any success with this?

I'm not really interested in a trial and error approach to treatment unless testing is super invasive and the risks outweigh the benefits. Now that being said I know there are numerous different reasons why these neurological autoimmune disorders happen and I get its different for EVERY kid, therefore treatment approaches will differ also.

That being said . .I don't know that either of my doctors ordered ANY of the labs that I see people listing that have high titers or that Dr. Stewart suggests testing for . . .so I will be discussing all of this with the two doctors I am working with also . . .

Here's the presentation:

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=dr%20kendall%20stewart&qs=ds&form=QBVR&adlt=strict#view=detail&mid=2B4C4D2EB859CA78F0912B4C4D2EB859CA78F091

I use his Calming Cream and his Neuro Immune Stabilizer cream on my DS. I use them for his MTHFR mutations and by using the cream, he has to take a smaller number of pills a day. I've been using these creams for nearly 2 yrs. now. I have not seen Dr. Stewart. DS's integrative doc recommended we use them as a substitute for some of his supplements. It seems to work. My DS is better than ever. Of course, he's better not just because of these creams but because of the approach we started taking with the integrative doc. I know a PANDAS mom who took her son to see Dr. Stewart in Texas but it didn't help and she couldn't travel 1500 miles to see him frequently.

"he premise is that Neurological Auto-immune syndromes occurs because of the following factors : vitamin d deficiencies, problem with enzyme making methatetrahydratefolate, and probs with dopamine levels; "

it is impossible to say if these are causes really. they are side-effects and contributing factors. improving them should improve overall well-being but cure you? probably not.

it's likely that genes are a part of the picture too -- does he address those?

Edited by pr40

The company is Neurobiologix. They have all kinds of supplements. I only use the two creams. There is a listing of the ingredients. I worried that I wouldn't know how much I was giving DS and that's true enough, I don't. But it works. I had to back down on the Neuroimmune stabilizer cream. His doc said to apply it twice a day, morning and bedtime. If we did it at bedtime, he was hyper. My son has been swallowing pills since age 6. He can swallow two huge Omega 3 fish oil pills at once, so swallowing them isn't an issue but reducing the sheer number of pills really helped him and his attitude towards taking the rest. He's 11 now. Its been a long time. I don't recall what the directions say but his doc told me to use the calming cream on his back and the neuroimmune stabilizer cream on his inner arm. The calming cream is brown and we call it the brown cream. The other is red due to the two forms of B12 in it.