ACN Latitudes Forums

Question about allergy neutralization treatment

faith

Can those of you who are using allergen neutralization treatments, wether it be shots or nasal spray--I'm just trying to understand how this exactly works. I mean I understand what the premise is--that the allergen remedy is a dilution of the things the person is allergic to? When my son had his environmental allergy testing, he was moderate to mold, cat and dustmite. We were given a nasal spray that I guess has some kind of dilution of the allergens and so I thing that is supposed to build up some kind of immunity?

Now the little problem I have is that I'm worried that if someone is showing any kind of allergy to something, then is the fact that the treatment contains some of the allergen in its solution--isn't that like getting exposed to the allergen? Could someone get worse, or do you always get better? I don't know why, but I'm feeling apprehensive about continuing it. I did use it for him in November, December, and January, but I have been a little lax on it last couple of months. With all the references to Spring allergies, I renewed it a couple of weeks ago and started to give it to him again. But now that he is doing better in the tic department right now, I'm wondering what to do. I guess I am imagining that something will start up again if I start giving it to him regularly again. I know it sounds a little stupid. His vocal is much better, kind of sporadic and I am noticing a subtle like eyebrow raise. Am I crazy to think that the allergy treatment could trigger ticcing?

If some of you could explain the premise of the allergy treatment a little better for me, I'd really appreciate it. I'm not talking about antihistamines, just the neutralizaion treatments. Am I just being paranoid?

Thanks

Faith

Faith and ALL

I wish there were more hours in a day! Want to help out on trying to piece some things together?

This article, that Chemar posted, was something that I have wanted to spend some time on but I got pretty wrapped up in trying to convey Soy info. lately. :D

Anyway here's that link

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.f...l=pubmed_docsum

If this study is on to something, how might that relate to allergic disease. Could it tell us something about subsets of TS?

Here are a couple of articles that I was looking at this morning

http://www.lpch.org/newsEvents/NewsReleases/umetsuTregs.html

http://microvet.arizona.edu/courses/mic419...ls/allergy.html

http://www.niaid.nih.gov/final/immun/immun.htm

Since Carolyn and others are having good results, and my oldest son is so affected with allergies, I'm thinking the treatment your son in doing, is something I would be interested in too. I would like to know the same question that you're asking. By exposing the body to small amts. of allergens on a controlled basis, I would think you would have less of a chance of triggering a negative response, than letting them be exposed in a big way, as things happen and they are exposed naturally.

I'm wondering if it is a way of training the immune system to respond properly?

I hope anyone who has any ideas here, will share them!

Kim,

The allergy testing we did was called "Serial End Point Therapy", and here is the site. Funny, but when trying to find info on how it works, the only site I could find on it was the one from our dan docs practice. I can't figure out if this is the same way other environmental allergy testing is done. What, did these doctors invent it? :D Well, if it helps any, here it is.

http://www.autismny.com/allergy.htm

If someone has the usual respiratory type allergy symptoms, I guess then it would be obvious if the treatment was working, but my son never showed that that I am aware of.

Faith

Hi Everyone,

Greetings from Washington D.C. I did the Capital Hill Trip this year again, and it went great. One of the staff member's even remembered my story, about TS, and the issues discussed last year. I got to meet my congressman and get a picture with him. I get really dizzy for some reason when in D.C., so I'm ready to get home again. Someone mentioned that maybe it was because of the higher altitude, but that doesn't make sense because it's lower than Nebraska. I've been in the mountains many times and never have had any troubles. So I'm not for sure what it is about Washington D.C. that bothers me so much as I've experienced this each of the three times that I've been here.

Anyways onto the question about allergy neutralization. I'll try to answer it to the best of my knowledge. Neutralization allergy shots contain the maximum dose tolerated before producing symptoms. So another words, an individual can tolerate so much exposure to say pine trees before symptoms develop and therefore the maximum amount tolerated is given in neutralization allergy shots. In regular allergy shots, buildup shots are given. I think that is the main difference between the neutralization allergy shots and other allergy shots.

Here's more information regarding neutralization allergy treatment: http://www.ourlittleplace.com/case.html

Carolyn

Kim,

Thanks for that interesting info--I want to read up a little more to understand better, it takes me a little while to absorb :D

Carolyn,

Thanks for that reply, that does give me a lot more info than I had. That's an interesting site--is that connected to the Dr. Robbins that you see? It mentions something about a forthcoming book on the topic of TS and environment/allergy connection? -do you know of it? Also, what is the Capital Hill trip? Is that something you do for TS awareness? Very impressive. Hope you are feeling better -- maybe all the cherry blossoms in bloom?

Charlie, (I mean C.P.) :P

Oh yes, I often think, if we were all in the same room, what a cocktail party that would be! Thanks for the laugh...

Faith

Faith,

Yes, that is connected to the Dr. Robbins that I see. I believe the upcoming book it mentions is Sheila's book, "Tics and Tourette’s: Breakthrough Discoveries in Natural Treatments". I'm guessing the site just hasn't been updated.

The Capital Hill Trip is where persons make appointments & see their state senators/house representatives to educate them about Tourette Syndrome and the current legislative issues involved. I had four appointments and met one Nebraska congressman while there.

I'm feeling much better. Once I got to Chicago I felt so much better. Once I got to Nebraska and had a good night's rest I felt perfectly fine when I woke up. Yes, it could have been the cherry blossoms. Some others also mentioned pollens, more carbon monoxide, or something in the hotel. I'm not for sure what it was.

Carolyn