ACN Latitudes Forums

What is the significance of a "not likely" cunningham panel. If the initial flare was over a year ago is it possible that the cunningham changes with time? My son met the clinical criteria for Pans/Panda's 1.5 years ago. Recently had the panel done with no definitive result. Any thoughts?

I'm wondering how much his behaviors have changed. Would he still meet clinical diagnosis? I would imagine the panel would improve as the condition improves. Could this be a good sign?

My son is sort of the opposite of yours. He lights up significantly on Cunningham but doesn't present so typical of PANS.

What is your son's treatment currently?

K

My daughter's Cunningham Panel was also done about 4 months from recovery, and her results were normal. Her PANDAS doc took a look at them and asked if it was taken when she was not having symptoms. From that, I would assume that if you're not in a flare, the results will probably be normal.

The first time my son did this test it showed not likely and he was having his normal everyday symptoms. The second time my son did this test, he had a double ear infection and all his symptoms went through the roof and the test results showed Highly Likely.

When I decide to retest, it will be when my son has an infection because this is when the body will make more of those bad antibodies.

I am not sure what this test proves except that the antibodies are present when my son is sick with an infection.