ACN Latitudes Forums

Updates from those using Hemp/CBD oil?

911RN

Hi All,

So, I am going t take the plunge and try Hemp/CBD my DS14 over the holidays. I am targeting OCD and simple/complext compulsive tics. Looking for an update from those that have tried this with their kiddos. How long have you been using? What have been the effects- POSITIVE OR NEGATIVE? Has it had a sustained effect or worn out over time? Has it been effective for OCD/ Tics?

I talked to Neuro about it...he did not object but he doubted it would work or have sustaining effect. He is of the opinion that one needs the THC psychoactive efffects (as what is in Marinol in synthetic form) for improvement in OCD. I told him folks on forum were seeing good results- I hope that is still true! He gave me his blessing to give it a whirl.

I am interested in the paste someone mentioned- which company offered that? My DS14 is 174 lbs--how much would he need to start? How do you know how to titrate up? Is there a limit?

Lots of questions! Sorry, I'm just looking for some feedback from the longer time users before I purchase.

Thanks, in advance :wub:

911RN

We used it for 6-8 months and it had great effects the entire time. We stopped as a trial to see how she would do now that her viral numbers are dropping and behaviour has improved drastically. She is doing really well now even without it.

We used it for anxiety, ocd, bouts of "upsets" (which I gave an extra dose for), and it is antiviral and anti-inflammatory. We started with Bluebird and switched to Cibdex without noticing a difference. I gave kiddo the Cibdex CBD oil 500mg in 60ml and gave 2 squirts under the tongue and had her hold it for a minute. We mixed the natural flavor and the peppermint flavor 1:1 to get a more neutral flavor that was not offensive. Kiddo tolerated, but did not like, the natural flavor. The peppermint full strength was too strong (like trying to hold a tic tac under your tongue for 60 seconds). The mix was the winner.

I caught it "on sale" (HAHA) on amazon for 99.00 a bottle both times I bought it. Otherwise it was 160.00 a bottle, but I have not looked lately.

We used it for 6-8 months and it had great effects the entire time. We stopped as a trial to see how she would do now that her viral numbers are dropping and behaviour has improved drastically. She is doing really well now even without it.

We used it for anxiety, ocd, bouts of "upsets" (which I gave an extra dose for), and it is antiviral and anti-inflammatory. We started with Bluebird and switched to Cibdex without noticing a difference. I gave kiddo the Cibdex CBD oil 500mg in 60ml and gave 2 squirts under the tongue and had her hold it for a minute. We mixed the natural flavor and the peppermint flavor 1:1 to get a more neutral flavor that was not offensive. Kiddo tolerated, but did not like, the natural flavor. The peppermint full strength was too strong (like trying to hold a tic tac under your tongue for 60 seconds). The mix was the winner.

I caught it "on sale" (HAHA) on amazon for 99.00 a bottle both times I bought it. Otherwise it was 160.00 a bottle, but I have not looked lately.

Thanks, Mayzoo. That is encouraging!!

I have the blue jay oil and I am confused what your dosage was. 60 ml with 500mg?? Are they pills? Mine is a very strong tincture and they said try 10 drops 2x a day. Have not tried it yet.

I have the blue jay oil and I am confused what your dosage was. 60 ml with 500mg?? Are they pills? Mine is a very strong tincture and they said try 10 drops 2x a day. Have not tried it yet.

DD16 used CBD oil from Bluebird Botanicals--15 to 20 drops in a capsule, twice daily, for about 5 weeks. Saw no change. Then after we stopped for about a week, she complained of increased anxiety, but there are always so many other factors--exposure to illnesses, usually. Started back again for about a week with no change.

DD16 used CBD oil from Bluebird Botanicals--15 to 20 drops in a capsule, twice daily, for about 5 weeks. Saw no change. Then after we stopped for about a week, she complained of increased anxiety, but there are always so many other factors--exposure to illnesses, usually. Started back again for about a week with no change.

Thanks for the feedback.

Sorry I missed this earlier. What we used was a tincture of 500mg per bottle, 60 ml in each bottle, so 8.33 mg per ml. I was using 10-12 drops twice a day.

Edited by mayzoo