ACN Latitudes Forums

Gina & Loren

Hi guys,

Yesterday had to take our son to the Dr. for a skating fall. (Thankfully no fracture) Anyway he has grown 3 1/2 in and gained 16 lbs since Aug. (weight could be from the risperdal or the weight training) tho he is 86 lb not much for 13. Aug is when he started with the screaming. Had a loud vocal before that, but not a scream.

He has not grown much last month (March) so really in 7 months 3 1/2 in seems like a lot.

Just wanted to share since your sons are at that taking off in growth age. (looking out for why they might wax)

I'll keep tracking since he is doing good now, would like to see if his growth slows down along with waking.

C.P.

Hi guys,

Yesterday had to take our son to the Dr. for a skating fall. (Thankfully no fracture) Anyway he has grown 3 1/2 in and gained 16 lbs since Aug. (weight could be from the risperdal or the weight training) tho he is 86 lb not much for 13. Aug is when he started with the screaming. Had a loud vocal before that, but not a scream.

He has not grown much last month (March) so really in 7 months 3 1/2 in seems like a lot.

Just wanted to share since your sons are at that taking off in growth age. (looking out for why they might wax)

I'll keep tracking since he is doing good now, would like to see if his growth slows down along with waking.

C.P.

My 10 yr old who started ticcing first last month was positive for strep, but also has been growing quite a bit these last few months. Probably about 3-4 inches since January. I wonder if there is a link between growth spurts and tics.

C.P.

It's funny you bring this up about the growth spurts and tics. Dan will be 12 in July and I was just talking to my husband about how he really has not grow much this year. I have noticed his friends are all starting to hit these growth spurts. Dan is on the younger side of his peers so I am assuming he should be hitting a growth spurt real soon. I strongly believe that growing just like losing teeth, going through puberty, stress, illness and anything else that puts the body in some sort of tailspin always brings on some type of ticcing issues. At least thats what I have noticed in the past with Dan. I thinks the reason behind the fact that most cases of TS the ticcing mellows with age is becasue the body is not going through as much change as they get older. Thats just my thoughts on it....

Thanks

Gina

Now you are all just scaring me. My son is a little guy, and has weighed like 40-43 pounds for about two years (8 yrs. old) Is this normal? He really never gains any kind of significant weight. Height is about 47 inches. Oh, I pray he doesn't get a big growth and the problems with it.....I mean I want him to gain and grow, but I hope that doesn't start more tics. P.S. he's doing nicely presently. Vocal is way spread apart. We were with my mother past weekend and if she didn't notice anything--that's a good thing!

Faith

Faith,

That sounds just like my son at that age. He would be lucky if he grew an inch in a year. Now having said that he has always been zinc deficient. Maybe that is why he was so slow to grow. I did not start the zinc until this past Jan.

I think you have such a good chance in fending off some of the explosive tics because of how early you have started giving his body what it is lacking. I just have to believe that after the improvement in my son from the mag and B6. I never would have known what he needed unless I had those tests done.

Glad to hear he is doing nicely.

C.P.

Now you are all just scaring me. My son is a little guy, and has weighed like 40-43 pounds for about two years (8 yrs. old) Is this normal? He really never gains any kind of significant weight. Height is about 47 inches. Oh, I pray he doesn't get a big growth and the problems with it.....I mean I want him to gain and grow, but I hope that doesn't start more tics. P.S. he's doing nicely presently. Vocal is way spread apart. We were with my mother past weekend and if she didn't notice anything--that's a good thing!

Faith

My kid is eight years old and he weighs around 47 pounds. He is small and thin for his age and his younger brothers are catching up.