ACN Latitudes Forums

Nightshade allergy & tics?

Tiger

Hi

trying to get to bottom of why my son has tics & meltdowns.

He's been gf & df for over a year now. We went to kinesiology muscle testing was hoping she'd either affirm the need to keep off gluten & diary or let me know that possible he could tolerate it now. Complete shock when she told me gluten & dairy is not his problem its nightshades.

Feel really confused now & guilty because since giving up wheat I've increased potato in his diet!

Oh my maybe its not true I do feel a bit skeptical but maybe its because i dont want to believe.

I havent seen anything about nightshades & tics before so wonder if anyone else has had an issue?

thanks

any allergic reaction can increase tics.....Once the immune system is hyper-activated in the allergic response, it can trigger tics and other issues

That really is why it is always a good idea to have testing done so that specific allergies can be identified and eliminated

We were amazed at how the blood tests confirmed what we had learned from the transdermal & other "alternative" testing!

thanks Chemar, thats good to hear about blood test confirming other tests.

I definitely want to get it confirmed - looked online but haven't found any blood tests for nightshade, seems it can only be done by elimination.

Perhaps i'm just not looking right?

Nightshades, tics, Lyme disease here. Found the nightshades allergy after an elimination diet, then confirmed it with challenge diets. Seems to primarily cause eczema in our case, and exacerbates the tics. Elimination of tomato, pepper, eggplant, potato did not eliminate the tics but did clear up the eczema. Cooked foods seem to be better tolerated than raw, however even cooked potatoes cause a reaction for us. Potato, like corn, was difficult to eliminate since it is put into many processed foods and sometimes labeled in vague ways like "modified food starch".

Hi thanks everyone,

Just wondering if blood tests do actually show up food intolerance?

A friend of mine told me that they only show allergy and that food Intolerance is not something that can be tested through blood.

Has anyone done this or do you use the other methods?

• 4 weeks later...

I totally disagree. My child did the food intolerance blood test which is the sensitivity test and that is what helped him. I think igg test please read my posts bc that is what helped boy. Food intolerence can be tested through blood!! That is what helped my boy.

Thats great to hear Mar, I hope your little boy is doing well :)

I'm starting to learn more about blood tests & intolerance and I think the here in the UK the NHS only offers allergy indicating blood tests (IGe) known as RAST or the specific celiac test and also skin prick tests.

I wish they offered the IGg here it might shed a bit more light on my sons tic triggers. My GP isn't very helpful anyway he wont even acknowledge the fact that for some people allergies & intolerance cause tics. His professional statement ' is that tic just happen to some people, maybe they'll go maybe or they wont'....... very informative :blink: He wont even refer my son to a neurologists & its been nearly 2 years now.

I might look into getting a private IGg done but at the moment my son is gluten & dairy free, will it mean that I'll have to put him back on those foods to get a true results?

• 2 weeks later...