ACN Latitudes Forums

Curiousss

:) Hey everyone! Im a 17 yr old senior in Jersey City, NJ. Well recently I have been given a research paper topic about mental illnesses. Searching through the net, I came across Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and decided this would be the topic for my paper. As I continued to read, I read about this young girl who had it and felt that if she didn't do her routine that someone close to her was going to die. She knew that thinking this didn't make any sence but couldn't help it.

The problem was, I didn't know that was a type of OCD. While doing word search puzzles, I must always complete the circle going around the word, cuz if I didnt, I thought my boy friend was going to die. When I didn't complete the circle, i'd have to rip the sheet into tiny pieces worrying about my boyfriend constantly. Also, I have a stuffed animal in which I must treat like a little baby. I must cover it with a blanket when i go to bed...wake up in the middle of the night to figure out if it was still next to me and under the covers and when I leave home, I must make sure the animal is secure. If I didn't do this, I thought my boyfriend would die again. And although I knew that this could never happen, I couldnt help but continue with this feeling and still be experiencing this. Although its not a major deal to me because its not interfering with my life to date, I read that it can get worse. Do I have OCD?.... :unsure: