ACN Latitudes Forums

testing vitamin levels

Have you had vitamin levels tested? If so, were you able to do this through your regular lab with blood work or did you go through a special lab you found online? Did your insurance cover the cost or at least part of it?

Our PANDAS doc ordered some vitamin level testing, but when I took it to our local clinic, the tech said he didn't think it was a list for tesitng, but was instead a list of vitamins to take... So that made me think the tests are not mainstream...

I am waiting for Spectracell results. I was told that it's typically more expensive, but that my doctor is able to order it directly (his office took the blood themselves) and the cost to me was $80. (No insurance involved). To be honest, I don't know a whole lot about what to expect from the results as far as how useful they will be :) dd's Pans started October 2013, so I'm only one year into this and still learning.

http://www.spectracell.com/faq/

Edited by beerae22

I have read a little about Spectracell and OAT tests online. We have had labs for vitamin D and iron--locally, or at least drawn locally. I guess I will contact the doctor and ask him how to proceed with the order he sent me. Information can't hurt, right? :) Feeling tired though, and not sure how much help the information will be for DD's treatment.

It was a small piece of the puzzle I now know my kiddo is. It was not a huge revelation or a huge help, but every little bit helps some. We only had a few minor to moderate offs though, so if there is a major or numerous moderate deficiency, then it may a bigger piece of the puzzle.

She was Vit d, Vit C, co-q 10, b-2 and one or two others deficient. Yeah, I get the tired part. I am willing to look up the individual tests as they are about 18 inches away and flipping through some pages, but my tireds is what made me ask if you wanted me to tonight :). Usually, I just do stuff like that without asking, but----*yawn*-----not tonight :D. I will be happy to look it up tomorrow if it will in any way help your journey.

I know I needed a lot of help when I began my journey, and I still need help here and there, so I am trying to help anyone and everyone I can along the way. Paying it both backwards and forwards so to speak :wub: .

Edited by mayzoo