ACN Latitudes Forums

UK advice needed please :)

Tiger

Hi I'm new but having been following various threads over the past year as I've researched my sons condition.

I occasionally hear from the PANDAS UK group, but I'm really struggling to find Dr. to take PANDAS seriously.

When my DS was 5 he developed an acute onset of PANDAS like symptoms 3 months after having scarlet fever & several other infections & courses of antiboitics. PANDAS seems to be the most obvious thing that explains the changes we experienced. Also the possibility of accompanying Candida & food sensitivities.

I managed to get referral to a paediatrician based on the behavioural changes we observed. The dr. did do a set of blood tests at my request he said they were routine so I asked for ASOT.

He told me all the test results came back normal & proceeded to shut me up talking about PANDAS.

My son is left with tics that seem to be triggered by TV/screen viewing, plus aggressive outbursts. I've found going gluten & dairy free has helped to reduce the tics & anxiety ( my family think I'm crazy for doing this).

The paed is being very laid back saying that its normal for some children to tic just ignore them etc. While he's probably trying to stop me from worrying its very frustrating being fobbed off. He isnt interested in finding out why my son suddenly started doing this nor is he interested in the triggers to the tics. I'm wondering if anyone have found a test that points to PANDAS - I feel i need this as proof to back up the changes in diet & lifestyle I'm making.

I know that to test for gluten intolerance I'd have to feed it to my son which is not something I feel i want to do knowing it makes the tics worse so I'm in catch 22 there. Plus I'm not sure that just because it makes his tics worse it'd necessarily show up as an intolerance?

Is there a PANDAS test in the US? Would labs allow me to send a blood sample?

I'm desperate to know whats happening to my poor little love & help him anyway I can. Its been over a year now - I got the feeling that his Dr. will either just say to me its a chronic tic disorder or even TS (no thing we can do for you) rather than consider PANDAS. In the meantime my kids are totally TV free, gluten, dairy free & its making my husband miserable.

many thank, Tiger.