ACN Latitudes Forums

Test results help-- C4A & C677T

Well, still waiting for Spectracell results, but got the c4a and c677T back.

C4A is just over 6,000. I was told from the doctor's office that "normal" is typically under 4,000 but from everything I've been reading, it sounds like it should be under 2,500 at least.

Question- would this number be affected by treatment? I'm wondering if antibiotics would've lowered this number? Dd has been an abx since Jan 2014, and this bloodwork was just taken last month. Also from my reading, this seems to be indicative of chronic Lyme. Thoughts? Comments? Dd has been negative so far for Lyme and confections- but we haven't done Igenix testing either, and we suspect Bartonella based on symptoms.

C677T is "positive for 1 copy of mutation". I've been reading a bit about this, but if anyone would like to fill me in on their version of what this means really, I'd be interested! (LLM?!?)

Regarding the above.... How freaked out should I be about mold based on these numbers? I ask because the roof of our house is full of mold (we will be replacing in the spring) and our basement is damp (I'm sure there's mold there too) and it seems like mold "shows up" in our house frequently. (Grout in the tub, thermoses, etc). Obviously I try to keep it as under control as I can, but could this be such a problem that we shouldn't be living here? That sounds dramatic when I say it- dd is doing really well (although she has a cold right ow, and has been struggling these past few days with that- some behaviors, etc.) she seems to be healing overall.... Wondering what kind of impact this could be having on her?

As a side note, the only other thing we've "found" is mycoplasma. IGM is finally negative (was 880 at one point). IGG have been and are still over 5. (Shouldn't these be down by now too?)

C677T is "positive for 1 copy of mutation". I've been reading a bit about this, but if anyone would like to fill me in on their version of what this means really, I'd be interested!"

this info alone does not tell you much, unfortunately. it says just that homocysteine is processed at a bit lower rate. you cannot determine how serious the problem is or who to do without knowing other genes in the methyilation pathway. 23andMe has a test fo $99

As you know C4A's are related to inflammation. Minimally, if you are not taking some type of natural anti-inflammatory I would start. We take Enhansa and Maxi Flavone for inflammation.

Typically any C4A above 10,000 is indicative of mold but a lower number doesn't rule out mold. All our kid's C4A's were around 1,000 (completely normal) and they all had a mold issue. We did not investigate mold too seriously because of the C4A results and that was a huge mistake. Our DD had the highest levels of mold toxin's our LLMD had ever seen. After a years worth of Cholestyramine for older DS his Real Time Lab results are near normal. He too tested really high for Tricothecenes.

I would test:

HLA Marker's: Genetic ability to detox mold 'toxins' and biotoxins. Biotoxin's are toxin's from bacteria, etc.

Shoemaker Panel: Includes C4A and is a collection of tests that indicates mold. The VEGF test associated with panel can help determine if you are dealing with Bartonella. There is a normal range of results and number is typically low when you are dealing with Lyme. However, if the VEGF results is abnormally high it can indicate Bartonella is a predominate issue. You might google Bartonella and VEGF.... If I remember correctly it is any result above 200 that indicative of Bartonella as co-infection.

http://www.survivingmold.com/diagnosis/lab-tests

Real Time Labs Myotoxin Urine Test: This is an expensive test but follow-up testing is under $200.00. You may only get a positive reading if your body is dumping toxin's at that moment in time. Remember some people have difficulty dumping these toxin's and why some might come up negative on result. It is the 'collection' of tests that is critical in determining mold

http://www.realtimelab.com/healthcare-mold-and-mycotoxin-information

I always tell people to test the individual first prior to your house. Mold doesn't always come from the home. Typically, an environmental mold issue smells 'musty' and can come from schools, etc.

Edited by sf_mom

Thanks. I seem to remember reading something abut Zith having anti-inflammatory properties, but dd isn't taking anything specific for inflammation. Currently on Zith, Bactrim & Mino, also Clak detox and Drainage Tone for detox. I will be checking into natural anti inflammatories, particularly as we wean off of abx.

I think we were doing the Shoemaker panel. Our next appt with the PANS doc isn't until next month, and the results of last bloodwork are coming in now. The process between appts is a bit frustrating because I get a call from an assistant who probably knows less than I do about all of this, and she just relays info back from the doc, which is not efficient, but I do understand. The results are being mailed to me, so hopefully I'll have a better overall picture once I receive them!

PR40- I've heard mixed reviews about 23andme. Quite honestly, I'd love to do it, but I can't really spare the extra $99 right now with everything else I'm shelling out :( I'm also concerned about getting all wrapped up in the numbers. Still trying to grasp everything I have before me, not sure if I'm ready to take on the results I've heard are obtained through 23andme ;) do you feel strongly that it's significant? And that the results are a useful contribution to treatment?? Thanks for the input! It's appreciated! ;)

"do you feel strongly that it's significant? And that the results are a useful contribution to treatment?? Thanks for the input! It's appreciated!"

not sure what to say. we did it but our genetic info is so complicated that I don't know what to do with it. what helps with this, makes that worse. so we are stuck.

on the other hand, you can't know in advance that you are not going to get a very useful insight.

one, and I think the only, problem with them is that they don't give you the whole picture, only a snippet of your genetic information, and don't tell you that.