ACN Latitudes Forums

My 5 year old son is on gluten free and dairy free diet, no color, no preservatives, no MSG for 1 1/2 month now, his motor tics decrease by 70% now. He still tics a lot but less frequent per minute when watching lego.com at ipad and TV so we don't let him watch much. So far, we only do diet change and remove him from his bedroom with carpet. Add purifier in his new room, with dust mite casings. I wonder if scratching a tic? And he still rubbing his eyes, wonder if it is tics.

I only give him probiotics and papaya enzymes since 1 month ago. I am thinking to add Vitamin C, but can anyone recommend a Vitamin C for children that is free from all dyes, soy, gluten, dairy allergen? His blood work couple month ago shows high in Vitamin B, so we stop the multi-vitamin.

We can't stop soy, as we are Chinese, but we use organic gluten free soya sauce...Thinking of trying rotary diet since we haven't get IGg those tests done yet.

We haven't go further to see an environmental physician yet as he is improving a lot the month, I mean his tics are less obvious to others but not to me, as a mom of course.

Thanks.

Barb

Hi

the problem with stopping a multi is what about the other important vitamins and minerals?

Are you giving magnesium? Most people with Tourette tics seem to benefit from it

As far as Vit C goes, there are many foods high in it and also numerous pure supplemental forms. Rose hips are a good source too

Hi Chemar:

The reason I stop the multi-vitamin is because they are the chewable kind from Natures Sunshine, he starts taking them at the time we went to travel around the time he had more and more motor tics. I am not sure it is gluten free since he is on gluten free diet. I need to call the company to verify that. I am afraid to try out Bonnie's one many people on this forum use, I am too afraid it will increase his tics.

Yes, I am considering magnesium. Today, I went to Whole Food, the "expert" there told me to use Natural Ionic magnesium with trace minerals from Trace Mineral Research, gluten free and Vegan certified. Label said is a natural source of concentrated Magnesium Chloride. I haven't try him yet. Chemar, I am scared to try new things on him... His level of tics affect my mood and I tend to worry if he tics more that day.

Barb

• 3 weeks later...

My son cant take any vitamin supplements including vitamin C as it sets off his tics. I have tried so many types that were recomended by an experienced dietitation but they always set him off within a week or two. We follow the failsafe diet from http://fedup.com.au/ and I try to make sure that he has a balanced diet. He can not have soy either as it is high in natural MSG. I intend to try magnesium soon to see how he gets on with it. We worked out his tollerence level with a recomended dietitation from the fed up website called Vivienne Pither who has a wealth of knowledge in this area, good luck

• 5 months later...

I started my son on Magnesium (matural calm )since 3 days ,and also dairy free and gluten free since 3 days . The ticks haven't really reduced much but he seems calmer and more relaxed . I started with 2 teaspoons per day and his stools are soft , I hope I am not overdosing him .he is 11 year old and has facial tics which got worse recently , thats when I tried to research and found valuable Information on this site . Have also bought the book by Ms Sheila .Have an appointment with teh allergy doctor tomorrow , want to get the delayed food sensitivity test done, he the doctor orders it .

I am suspicious that he may be allergic to soy as well , cause he drinks a lot of that to replace his dairy drinking habit.