ACN Latitudes Forums

Virus/tic relationship?

faith

Hi everyone,

I know we've probably touched on this before, but we can beat a dead horse, can't we?

My son (and myself) had virus last two days, he woke up and after breakfast he said he wanted to stay home as his stomach was feeling sick, and sure enough he spent all day laying in bed and threw up several times, even after only drinking a little water. He also has a stuffy nose, but no sore throat. He ate only breakfast and basically nothing else all day, and I didn't bother with usual supplements (and didn't give any medicine).

Now, funny, he was doing so well, especially last few weeks, all his usual symptoms to a bare minimum. And even the day of ill, I heard no vocals, since I was laying with him mostly all day.

Then, next day (yesterday) he felt better and it seemed to be over, but i kept him home anyway since he did have slight fever previous nite (100.). Now I shouldn't be surprised that his vocal is more apparent yesterday and today, but I think its interesting that he was good right before being sick and the day of being sick. Is this something I don't understand too good? Do you think his immune system is depressed now, even though he is better? Any advice? Just when things seemed so much better.................

Thanks

Faith

Hi everyone,

I know we've probably touched on this before, but we can beat a dead horse, can't we?

My son (and myself) had virus last two days, he woke up and after breakfast he said he wanted to stay home as his stomach was feeling sick, and sure enough he spent all day laying in bed and threw up several times, even after only drinking a little water. He also has a stuffy nose, but no sore throat. He ate only breakfast and basically nothing else all day, and I didn't bother with usual supplements (and didn't give any medicine).

Now, funny, he was doing so well, especially last few weeks, all his usual symptoms to a bare minimum. And even the day of ill, I heard no vocals, since I was laying with him mostly all day.

Then, next day (yesterday) he felt better and it seemed to be over, but i kept him home anyway since he did have slight fever previous nite (100.). Now I shouldn't be surprised that his vocal is more apparent yesterday and today, but I think its interesting that he was good right before being sick and the day of being sick. Is this something I don't understand too good? Do you think his immune system is depressed now, even though he is better? Any advice? Just when things seemed so much better.................

Thanks

Faith

Hi Faith,

Our son has been sick this past week and there is definitly an increase in tics this also happened a couple months ago. I would ask him several times a day "do you still have mucous in your throat" hoping he was still sick because of the increased tics. As the sickness went away so did the tics. Hoping the same happens this time - I believe they will.

Faith,

All last year when my son was sick I too would hear nothing,(no vocals) since he does not have motor tics not hearing him was a big suprise. For him it is hard to say if he got worse during recovery or was it just going back to the way it had been.

Now this year he has been sick with a minor cold twice, and he has one now. He has not waxed or waned since the B6 was introduced. The weather has been crappy from the Nor-hurricane on the east coast, and he has played ball in some cold and very windy days. I have been looking to see if he will wax during this recovery, but have not seen any change. (still good)

I really can not tell if he is getting over the worse part of the TS because he is growing out of the puberty stage?

It all could really be because of the B6. If he is high in Xanthurenate (impaired tryptophan metabolism) and if tryptophan is a precurser to serotonin, that is a B6 deficiency. If he is kynurenate high (recepter antagnost) B6 is needed for that too. If he is vanilmandetate high (EPI & norepinephrine turnover stimulation) from stress. His brain is making to much of some neurotransmitters and not enough serotonin. B6 should help all that. So I'm looking at B6 as the miracle vitamin for him.

Having said all that, is the B6 helping with the cold, or is he not going to wax during recovery as he gets older?

C.P.