ACN Latitudes Forums

What Should I Do?

DS was doing great until school (ofcourse). He started to flare like a week in. The tics were manageable with CBD oil and some mobic here and there (mobic is an NSAID). The past 2 weeks, his tics have gotten even worse while on these anti inflammatories and I suspect infection. Rapid strep came back negative. He is on profylactic abx (azithro 250mgs) 2x a week but I know he can still have an infection.

I just realized we had a standing script for 150mgs of azithro daily. I filled it. Do you think it will help him?

Maybe so. I guess i will need Bradstreet to do some detective work. For the meantime, I am praying that daily azithro will do the trick. It has done it in the past. I just know in my gut what he is dealing with right now is totally infection based. He never gets this bad unless there is an infection either inside of him or in his brother.

cara615 - keep the intuition going. Tell Bradstreet. He did well starting you on Bravo, but my feeling is that while probiotics are good for helping to keep you well, they may not be sufficient to overcome chronic undiagnosed infection.

Have you investigated coinfections yet? Bartonella and yeast/mold were responsible for DD's ticcing.

Keep looking. You will find the answer.

Edited by rowingmom

My dd is 8 and finally hit the 50 lb mark ... 150 mg daily sounds low to me. I think early on when we were first diagnosed at 5 she was about 40 lbs and on 250 mg.

Have you had any labs run? There is an infection going on .... Or he is having exposures at home or school. Mycoplasma was another infection that took us by surprise. Sudden new symptoms and fatigue while already on daily abx. We had to add Cipro at that point.

Sending good thoughts yours way ....

Teri