ACN Latitudes Forums

On 3 diff anti B's and just got strep?

Ds 10 diagnosed 5 months ago with PANS/ bart. Major nuero symptoms. He herxes every two weeks and in between we are OK. Last herx was a major whopper and we were advised to stop all meds for 7 days and increase detoxers. We did. About two weeks after reintroducing meds again he started fevering and started up with Pans stuff along with Lymey. Headaches, belly ache and emotionally a mess. Had blood drawn last week and had our long awaited apt with dr B. Dr B thinks maybe Babasia so we are starting that med as well but on my way out the door I asked to see recent bloodwork and it showed "active" strep (795). The nurse confirmed that to be true and so the entire family returned to the office for bloodwork to see if we are carriers. My question??? how did he get strep if he has been on anti B's for months (zithro/ Aug/Bact) Yes a few times stop for herxing but right back on. And then wouldn't meds have treated the strep once on. Dr B had an emergency so had to leave and we didn't get a chance to address. Also.....Dr B didn't look at blood work while we were there. Thank you all!!

Has happened to us multiple times. We have been on abx consistently for almost 5 years, even on combinations of 2 and 3 anitbiotics. Some strains of strep are resistant to certain antibiotics, so it is entirely possible to get strep while on abx, even multiple abx. A 72 hour culture can be done to determine the specific strain, but they are not always reliable if a good swab wasn't taken.

That's the $64,000 question. My son got strep this summer while on treatment dose Augmentin and Biaxin. A round of Keflex cleared it up. His allergist was shocked. Enough so that he ordered some immune testing. IgA, IgE, IgM and IgG and subclasses. IgA turned up to be slightly low. We are now watching that. Titers were checked for diphtheria and tetanus and both came back in the post vaccination range, so his immune system is functioning and has made antibodies to vaccinations that he had long ago. He's nearly 11.