ACN Latitudes Forums

Smart Water-good source to get magnesium?

patty

Since people with tics are deficient in magnesium, is drinking Smart Water, which has electrolyte (calcium chloride, magnesium chloride and potassium bicarbonate) a good source of getting extra magnesium?

Also, i have read that distilled water is not good for the body. Does anyone know anything about distilled water?

Patty

Hi Patty,

I think I can give you a little about this. I'm not familiar with the brand "Smart Water", but did look it up and I think it may be the type of thing we are using for my son that was recommended by our naturopath. I don't have that filter machine, but we just get our jugs filled up in her office. It's called the Ionizer Plus Water Electrolyzer. I'll just quote a couple things and you decide if its the same type thing:

"How can the ionizer plus help?

The solution is to return the body to a state of balance where it can heal itself of the other problems. The IP, through a process of electrolysis, concentrates minerals (calcium, magnesium, potassium) already present in your water. In process of doing so, the minerals get split into the highly bioavailable ionic form and rthe resulting water is alkaline (has a pH greater than 7.0)......Not only does this water help fight and reverse on-going acidity, but it also is a rich source of the very minerals robbed by acitdity in the past."

http://www.hightechhealth.com/html/ionizer_main.htm ... (yay i did it - thanks cheri!)

Now, we use this, as I've mentioned before, my son had a little higher level than desired acidity noted on a blood chem panel. So this is one of the things we are doing to balance that out. (we also add some other thing called pleo drops, one is lactic acid and one is citric acid.) I believe the idea is that slightly alkaline state is best, as disease has a hard time thriving in that environment. That book "Natural Cures" by K. Trudeau mentions this.

I think it is a very good thing to use, but if you are just looking at it for the extra magnesium, I think the magnesium supps are alot cheaper!

As far as steamed distilled water, I've always read in health books in the past for that to be the recommended purest water to drink over tap and bottled spring water, and I used to buy it in the gallon containers, but am not aware if that view has changed.

Faith