ACN Latitudes Forums

Off Topic but Fascinating View of Nature

Chemar

I thought maybe you and your kids would appreciate this awesome live web cam view of an eagle's nest in Norfolk Virginia Botanical Gardens

I have been watching for a few days now and it is amazing

every now and then mom and or dad eagle fly in with food for the 3 chicks

remember this is on eastern Std time and so will be dark from sundown to sunrise each day

enjoy!

http://www.wvec.com/cams/eagle.html

Cheri :)

Thank you Cheri, my son and husband are freeeeeeked by this! We caught the mom back in the nest around 7:30 p.m. Sat nite. My son doesn't want to close the screen! And I'm having fun cause I just downed a cocktail before we go out to dinner! :)

Faith

P.S. Funny, do you see the sybolism? Momma protecting her baby chicks...that's us!

Hi faith :)

yes, it occurred to me that the mama/papa bird in each of us would resonate with watching this incredible display of God's creation instinctively doing their parenting.

I am already deeply attached to those three lil eaglets and most impressed at mom and dad!

I keep the cam minimised here at my computer and so I peek in all day while I am working ^_^

It was so inspiring for me to see how the mother eagle was protecting them during the high winds and rain this morning

HERE IS AN UPDATE!!!!

Eagle Cam Update: Tuesday afternoon, a biologist from the College of William and Mary will be banding the eagle chicks in this nest. Log on about 3:00 p.m. EDT to watch. .

I will be watching :)