ACN Latitudes Forums

Has anyone used Pharmasan Labs NeuroScreen Expanded?

I had received a recommendation to Pharmasan Labs years ago. I spoke to our Lyme/PANS doc and he sent the kit which uses urine. Has anyone else used this lab and can you share with me the results?

I guess I'm looking for anything that will give reasons that antidepressants don't work and why working is impossible.

Test measures:

Creatinine A

Dopamine

Epinephrine

GABA

Glutamate

Glycine

Histamine

Norepinephrine

PEA

Seratonin

Taurine

Creatinine B

DOPAC

Thanks for your help,

K

We used them for the NeuroSelect Profile:

Serotonin, GABA, Taurine, Glycine, Glutamate, Histamine, PEA, Dopamine, Norepinephrine, Epinephrine, Creatine (probably total?).

It provided some insight into kiddos fight or flight anxiety. Her norepi, GABA, Dopamine and glutamate all were very high. Her taurine and PEA were low. We were able to make some adjustments that I believe have benefited her. The results came with a two page recommendation that we are not really using since it recommended combo brand name supplements, and her doc wanted a more specific for kiddo approach.

If you have any specific questions, let me know and I will see if I can answer them.

Edited by mayzoo

Yes we have done this test a couple times. First time her glutamate was way high.

I cut out as much glutamate as possible. Pharm cheese, tomatoes and msg. There's a list online of foods to avoid. Plus we gave gabatrex. It helped a little. Did test again and showed glutamate now within normal range. Others where off now. Can't remember what they where don't test in front of me. But now they recommended serotrex. This helped more than the gabatrex. She only gets 1/2 tablet once a day.

Yes, 4 months ago. First we are trying to address ds15's high Glutamate and low Serotonin with supplement called Travagen (or Nuvoxil), b/c it uses L-tryptophan rather than 5-HTP which was too activating for ds15.

We just retested to see if above helped or not, and will have results in 2 weeks.

Next we need to address his low PEA (for attention and learning; he has very bad ADHD as well as borderline ID anyway).

Yes - currently we use this every four months. My daughter's neurotransmitters were extremely disrupted - very high glutamate, very low dopamine and much more. We were able to get her ntransmitters back in line over several months, but the only NeuroScience supplement we were able to use in this effort was Kavinace. My daughter reacts badly to anything methylated - b vitamins or whatever. If you don't have this trouble their supplementation plan may well be helpful to you.