ACN Latitudes Forums

need treatment advice please!

I won,t go into dd6's entire history but i have no doubt she is pandas. Huge overnight onset at 4.5, tourettes, major anxiety, frequent urination, obsessions, aspergers traits that wax and wane. History of many strep throats. Abx prophylaxis began august 2013 using 500mg erythromycin daily since. Symptoms well managed and minor flares much less. However, 2 weeks ago sore throat, tummy ache, headache one day only. Fatigue and mild temperature couple days. Came to nothing much. Week later sskin coloured fine rash appears on neck and stayed for 5 days. It felt rough to touch. We now have mild facial tics, increased noise sensitivity and separation anxiety but this does clash with starting back to school which dd struggles with. GP doesn't buy into pandas so i am getting abx from ped at local hospital, although he knows little of illness. We are lucky he is open-minded and supporting us but is being guided by me! Out of hours doc thinks rash is viral as throat swab ok but it does resemble one dd had on her chest last summer when she had positive throat swab. Previous history of blood tests to try and prove a point to gp ended up a disaster, with samples being lost etc. Etc. And the stress it caused dd just wasn't worth it. It was very traumatic and she will only go through that again if needs must. So i have decided to increase abx to 1000mg per day but for how long?? I have read 10 days may not be enough. What can i do to halt another flare. Currently symptoms are mild and manageable. DD has a good healthy diet and takes daily multi vit and has been doing so well all year. It would be awful to backslide now.

Edited by lydiasmum

I think you are doing the right thing in upping antibiotics. I would increase until you see resolution of symptoms and maybe a bit after. Many on this forum say 30 days or more.

Now this is in my own opinion but following this treatment. What are you doing to keep her healthy?

I think once symptoms resolve you should be working on inflammation, she still has some or no symptoms would appear with illness. Then you need to work on immunity. Vitamins, supplements, probiotics ect... Keeping her as healthy as possible is so important.

You may be doing things to support this but may not... We use a super vitamin called IntraMax to help immunity and things. And we have been using essential oils (with miraculous effects) for inflammation.

DD got strep 10 day bf school began. She had a mild increase in tics, which were pretty non existent and our last symptom) Last year she was an emotional mess with strep, crying, 12 tics, separation anxiety, and all kinds of othe symptoms.

PM if you want. Good luck!

Quote; "currently things are mild and manageable"....

What is her baseline? We have needed up to 2 10 day prescriptions to halt a flare after the initial first Flare.

After the first 3 flares, returning my son to his baseline became more difficult. Eventually, abx stopped working.

It was at that time that Dr. K said we needed to consider IVIG.

I cannot stress enough about supplementation and probiotics as recommended by mommy2mcl. Debulking the infection is truly the best place to start......however, healing the body and immune system with vitamins and minerals, controlling inflammation, developing a sick protocol for other infections to boost the immune system, removing controllable triggers...foods or pet allergies.........All of this will be integral for optimum health.