ACN Latitudes Forums

Oh no, please not again..

Today and yesterday my dd6 starting ticcing again after 10 whole months of barely anything. I know she is very anxious about starting school after summer break but she also has a fine rough pink rash on her neck. Last week was one day of mild sore throat followed by on/off headache and tummy pain. Neither symptom came to anything and she never had a fever. The kids she has been playing with have been a little off after their dad got tonsilitis a fortnight ago this doesn't appear to be strep and she is on prophylactic erythromycin since last August so shouldn't be. Doc thinks viral rash. I tried ibruprofen today and within 20 mins tics got worse. I have 3 questions really. Can ibruprofen make tics worse? If school anxiety is causing tics, then is it pandas we are dealing with? Wonder what the rash is? It does look suspiciously like the rash she had on her chest last year when strep throat swab was positive. I have taken it upon myself to up the antibiotics to treatment dose as a precaution. Things have been so good but i'm feeling scared agsin

Edited by lydiasmum

Can ibruprofen make tics worse?

-- we did not see that with our children and I don't remember reading it on this forum. so, probably no.

If school anxiety is causing tics, then is it pandas we are dealing with?

-- possibly but why would anxiety cause tics? it could make them worse, perhaps, but CAUSE them, I don't think so.

to me it seems that you are describing an exacerbation. we had some luck in switching abx., in place of upping the dose

I 2nd pr40 with regards to never heard of ibuprofen causing tics...

Yes, Stress>anxiety>turn on a glitch immune system>new Pandas flare....

Stress turns on the autoimmune system, and for Pandas kids, it will cause a flare.

Until the immune system has matured/healed, call it what you like, anything that activates it will most likely cause a flare.

That is how it has been explained and experienced in our household.

As the child heals, stress/exposure/illness, etc...will have less of an impact.

10 months under your belt, I see this as a good sign.

I know full well that we Pandas parents, when in a good place for a period of time find it very disheartening when we see those old symptoms appear again....AGH............

PLEASE REMEMEBER: AS IT DID IN THE PAST.....THIS TO WILL PASS