ACN Latitudes Forums

tics suddenly

pr40

ds6 was doing well, so well that we discontinued abxs. after two months and a cold, everything went south and fast.

major exacerbation early June, lasted for two months. last two weeks are somewhat better. since early June, he is having motor and verbal tics.

he was recently tested for metals and mercury and led came high. we tried lypoic acid which made him much worse. then also nac, which too made him somewhat worse because, I think of sulfur, which he does not process well.

I looked at old posts and did not find anything except 5-htp that might help with tics. and it does not help everyone.

any advice?

thanks in advance.

Hi pr40. Sorry to hear that you all struggled this summer. Lipoic acid, turned my child into a ticking mess. Have you tried CALM, by Puritian's Pride? It is a bio-carbonate magnesium product in powder form. It is supposed to have a higher bio-availability then a tablet....

5htp: yes tried it, like it. However, you can not use it for more then 6 weeks, or it can build up in the system and cause opposite effects. We did experience that. However, perhaps you can use it for the short term to give your child some relief. A higher serotonin levels might help him to feel more relaxed.

Will be thinking of all of you.

q

yes, he is back on abx and we'll be trying new one starting tomorrow. he was on calm for the most of the summer but we did not see any improvement in tics. he takes cq10 and olive leaf and fish oil and, sometimes, ibuprofen.

we have seen no change in tics yet.

thanks for your responses! i appreciate them very much.