ACN Latitudes Forums

Meeting with Dean, Counselor, and Teachers.

I can't tell you all how happy I am.

The school is so pleased with our son's progress, and they are setting in place so many options for him for next year.

He will be in 8th grade, but the county took the 8th form the middle school, and the 9th from the high school, and put them together in an intermediate school. So he has to change schools.

They are going to hand schedual his classes, put him with the best team of teachers, and best of all they will make sure he is with his closest friends. (couple other things but I'll keep it short)

With 1200 students in just 2 grades I thought they would not do any of this for him. (you know to many kids to worry about) I'm so happy they are doing so much for his transition, and he doesn't even have an IEP or 504 plan.

Just wanted to share, I couldn't contain myself.

C.P.

Cheers C.P.!

I'm sooo glad to hear that. My meeting is Friday. Right now I feel a little unprepared. Not sure if I should go armed with some stuff, or just sit and see what they say. I got a little impression by our phone conversation that they would be open to do things to help him along, but not sure if it is dependent on the "diagnosis" that I must provide. Why did you have this meeting now so late in the year, was it just for the prep for next year? I suppose they were always aware of the issues? and what did you mean by his progress--with the tic situation or school/academically? What you mention about them offering good teachers for him and his buddies with him--that is exactly what I hope they will be open to. That is phenominal that they suggested that--or did you? :)

I'm trying not to feel to defensive about all this, I guess I shouldn't be so frightened of being open with them about my child having this and maybe other issues? Any last minute advice from anyone is appreciated.

Faith

CP,

I'm so happy that the meeting went well!

It makes a world of difference when you have support and people who truly care about your son.

By minimizing the stress, allowing him to have his closest friends with him, I'd bet he'll sail right through the transition.

Kim

thanks guys,

Faith, I'll be praying for you, let us know how your meeting goes.

The meeting was to see how he was doing with the weening of the medication.

I think they want to make it easy for my son, and also help his new teachers. We all remember all to well how bad it was. (tic wise, grades have always been on the good side)

I said a prayer this morning before we left and asked God to open my mouth when needed, and close it when not needed. The friends was the only thing I asked for.

I got the feeling they were so glad to hear we were doing everything we could that was in our power to help him. You should have seen their faces when my husband brought up the raw milk.

C.P.