ACN Latitudes Forums

molars

After several months gluten and dairy free and after several months of being okay despite a few hiccups we are probably in a flare again. DS13 started school a month ago (wacky calendar schedule), so exposure to illness and gluten/dairy have been a problem. He also got braces on about a month ago.

This week he started to unravel with all the similar signs and symptoms. Hyperactivity, urinary frequency, irritability. Then progressing to anxiety and OCD this evening with probable issues sleeping (just now waiting for him to come out of his room...).

He doesn't appear to have any illness brewing such as viruses or strep et cetera but one never knows with him.

But he did lose two molars yesterday.

He'd been off of all antibiotics for a month. We are going to resume.

If this is from the molars, would symptoms work themselves out once the teeth are gone? How long would residual inflammation last? Or should I suspect something more like illness or increased gluten exposure?

How long his symptoms last I would think will depend on how much inflammation is going on in his brain.

I think he got hit 3 ways:

1)Stress from the start of school

2)Exposure which will of course turn on the immune system

3)Tooth loss

The gluten/dairy is an IGG intolerance. So, unless he actually ingested some, I can't see how just being around it/exposure would be a problem. It is not like an IGE allergy.

Depending on where your child/immune systems is with regards to maturation/healing from Pandas will determine how much the above factors will affect him and for how long.

Edited by qannie47

Thanks quannie. I think he's been eating gluten at school. He has several friends gluten free that "chance it," and he was thinking he could take in small amounts here and there. Just admitted this to me. So yes, triple quadruple whammy. He is spiraling downhill quickly...mental fog is starting now too. Anxiety ramping up with OCD.

We are back on antibiotics as prophylaxis now and will treat with anti-inflammation measures. Hoping this does not turn into a crisis point again.

I am very sad that we are facing this yet again. Had really hoped we were on a path to recovery.

The start of school has been horrible here :-(

And it's only day 3!

But we had a good summer- dare I say one of the best ones,

and we have now completely regressed at home again,

as she holds it all together during the school day (no other changes have been made.)

It's brutal to slide back, I feel you.

I bet adding the antibiotics back in will help your son a lot--

Dr. Greenblatt says that once you are gluten free, it will take a very little amount of gluten to cause an adverse reaction. Have you checked Casien allergies? Again, Greenblatt says that is a biggy for brain fog as well. My son is horribly allergic to it. In fact, when we removed all mild products, he no longer looks add at all.

I have heard that pure encapsulations has a new product that will break down gluten faster so that it can leave the body faster: and decrease the IGG reaction. A pharmacist told me about it, but I have not had time to research it, and I do not remember the name of it.

We have also added liquid Lithium to my allergy kids diet, per Greenblatt. It has helped immensely with brain fog. You can order it online. When researching it it is very safe. This is not the psyche drug. btw

Edited by qannie47

Thanks everyone. Had not had a cold all summer long. After this slide began, a few days later --- now has a cold. So we are likely going to be in this pattern fall, winter, spring. I've begged DS to be vigilant this week with his diet.

The antibiotics have helped lessen the magnitude of this flare. But also, reverting back to the strictest of diets. Gluten free, casien free, soy free, low sugar right now...

Hopefully, we can get a handle on things again. Qannie, I will look into your suggestions! Thanks!