ACN Latitudes Forums

Idea for air purifiers and allergy products

My 5 year old son with tics always wake up from his bed sniffing, saying his nose is dry the past few years, despite what season it is in NJ. I was very ignorant not thinking there is anything wrong with the environment until now we knows he has tics disorder. He also often tell me his nose is stuffy when he lie down before falling asleep. Now I suspect he may be allergic to the air inside the bedroom, maybe dust mite, dust, anything in the air...

We have carpet that haven't been cleaned for 5 years-- I know it is terrible!!! My husband has scheduled someone to use organic green products to clean the carpets while we are traveling outside the country. I am researching to buy allergy proof products to better the environment at the bedroom.

1) What brand of air purifier do you recommend that is HEPA filtered and free of ozone (ion generators)? I read someone use rabbit air. I hope to use sth that is easy to move around from room to room and effective to cut down mold and dust and dust mite in the air...

2) Which website do you order allergy proof pillow and bedding etc from? Should they be cotton?

My son will see a allergist, hopefully he will test him for allergy to dust, dust mite and mold and food in Sept. Thanks.

Barb

We are totally carpet free in our house and have seen the improvement for all of us!

Any good HEPA filter machine would help.....often the small, portable ones are the most effective. Some are very pricey which imo is more due to the "trending" factor than efficiency....some of the simple and less expensive ones do a great job

From personal experience, avoid the ones that claim to do ionizing/ozone replenishment. We found that made us feel ill and actually returned it within a few days of using it.

We prefer cotton bedding and you can now find those protective items in most major stores, as well as online. Once again, it is not the price that makes them "better" so fit your budget

When choosing air purifiers, you do need to take into consideration the size of the room. I definitely went overboard as far as mine went, but I'll put a link to it anyway, mainly so you can see the benefits I was looking for in a machine, which was primarily VOC removal. http://aircleanersaus.com.au/main/page_iqair_gc_multigas.html This brand of machine IQ Air is likely to be available in your country.

You may also want to add in a humidifier if the air is too dry, also lovely to add some essential oils.

I am in the market for a small air purifier myself for our caravan, so will let you know if I find any good ones.