ACN Latitudes Forums

Forever Grateful.....

I feel like writing this today - for my DD's pediatrician and for all of you on this forum.

Thank you Mr C - for putting up with my relentless pleas for help, the endless emails and offerings of information which you read, for fitting me in for an emergency appointment when you were already overdosed with waiting lists and appointments. Thank you for bothering to find out about PANDAS even though you admitted knowing very little. Thank you for believing in me and for prescribing the prophylaxis abx, despite what our GP decided. Thank you for answering my emails and for accepting my phone call when I was in floods of tears and desperate. Thank you for having an open mind.

I also want to thank this support group on ACN Latitudes - I spent countless nights (all night) on the internet looking for anything that may explain why my little girl suddenly changed, why she was so frightened of everything, why she wouldn't leave my side, why we had to go through the same bedtime ritual every night, why she couldn't sit still or concentrate, why her body constantly writhed around and she was constantly making strange sounds, why she suddenly started peeing every 5 minutes with no hint of a bladder infection. Why, as her mother, I felt completely helpless and desperate. I found so much information here..... thank you parents for sharing your experiences. It has helped immensely.

Today I am looking out of the window watching DD playing with her friends in the garden. Enjoying their company. Feeling proud that she went to a friend's house on her own without me. She will relax in the armchair after tea, watching her favourite programme, being comfortable in her own skin, wearing the pyjamas she loves with the seams that no longer bother her. Drifting into a relaxed sleep with no fear of thunderstorms, hailstones or monsters. And waking up happy in the morning with another fun-filled day ahead.

Dare I relax??? Would it jinx this lovely euphoric feeling that has blessed our family this past few months? I can only pray it will not. There is a positive side to this nightmare - when times are good, boy do we appreciate them! We will never take the little things for granted again.

So THANK YOU!!!!!! God bless you all. X

OK, this made me cry! Very, very happy for you. I just love those periods of calm and healing. We are currently in a flare but I'm so thankful for this forum and an understanding pediatrician and knowing that we will get through this tough period. May your little one continue to heal.