ACN Latitudes Forums

DS' breath is smelling weird (fermented)

So I noticed that DS' breath last night had a weird fermented smell. Kind of like he had a couple beers. I smelled him this morning and it is not so bad. Smelled his skin too but he smells normal ("mommy!! what are you doing?!?!") :). I started thinking about yeast overgrowth; he's been on abx for 3 weeks and does take 50 billion units of probiotics. He's also on Sacc. B., which is a yeast, so I'm wondering if I should cut back on the Sacc.B for a bit. He takes his last abx around dinner, and his probiotics right before bed (as per the ND's advice). He hasn't had any tummy issues.

Has this happened to anyone else? What should I do?

So I noticed that DS' breath last night had a weird fermented smell. Kind of like he had a couple beers. I smelled him this morning and it is not so bad. Smelled his skin too but he smells normal ("mommy!! what are you doing?!?!") :). I started thinking about yeast overgrowth; he's been on abx for 3 weeks and does take 50 billion units of probiotics. He's also on Sacc. B., which is a yeast, so I'm wondering if I should cut back on the Sacc.B for a bit. He takes his last abx around dinner, and his probiotics right before bed (as per the ND's advice). He hasn't had any tummy issues.

Has this happened to anyone else? What should I do?

Fruity or fermented type breath can mean high blood sugar or Diabetes? Just be sue you are not dealing with that.