ACN Latitudes Forums

what do i do about cursing

My son is 8 with pdd ocd pandas and chorea. lately he curses all the time. He copies what he hears. he thinks its funny. Ive tried ignoring , ive tried telling him to stop and telling him to say other thing instead but its like a song is stuck in his head and he just keeps saying them. its embarrasing in public and I cant have him play with certain friends. Its a mixture of ocd, tic, behavioral I dont know but i need to try something. Any advice? Thank you

i'd say that it will be easier for him to control himself when he feels better. short of that, I think you are right that cursing is compulsive and therefore very hard for him to stop it. so, abx perhaps ibuprofen, i guess.

Please ,please listen to me. Get a very,very good behaviorist to work with you and your family. I spent thousands and years on this. Been to every dr ,clinic etc. I don't know if any parent has been though what we did. You can absolute pm me if you have any questions.

Melanie

Seriously?

Soap! (joking...)

Practice good parenting skills. Children follow your example. In General people are realistic and can understand if a child is sick, don't worry about edicate if they have to be in public. I would concentrate over your child's welfare first. You can drop a hint to a to the concerned gawker if it brothers you that much, they don't have to live with what you do.

We try not to puch DD's anxiety too much as she can have an episode if she is out of the house too long. She's has a episode 3 times in public over the past two years. Twice shop owners and security people were extreamly understanding and helpful. The other time it was DD's birthday and we were on our way back from a hospital trip (long drive) and DD felt she could do a little clothes shopping. She knew a panic attack was comming and we tried to make it back to the car but couldn't. I had to educate the security. A little embarrassment was well worth seeing DD pick through the clothes racks the way she used to enjoy finding an outfit.