ACN Latitudes Forums

High Lead

First I would like to mention that my son's OAT test results came back and because of BRAVO probiotic, his gut is practically normal!!!! Clostridia is GONE, all bad bacteria is now in normal range, yeast markers are all low except Arabinose (but I think its high because of all the apples and blueberries he eats). We are thrilled with the results for his gut and we can tel because his tics are at an all time low.

However, his metals test came back with 3x the amount of normal lead allowed in a child. I think it needs to be under 3 and he was a 9. On the reference range of green, yellow and red, his was in the middle of yellow. So not SEVERELY high but high enough to warrent some sort of chelation.

He also had slightly high Barium, Thallium, Cadmium and Cesium. I swear I have no idea how these metals got into his body with the exception of the Barium.

When he was 3 months old he had 2 upper GI series (Barium Swallows) so I suspect that his little body is not detoxing these metals and they have remained in his body for years. The lead is concerning because of all the horrid effects it can have on a child. Thankfully ds is so smart and does so well in school but could he be doing even better? Is his IQ being affected by this lead burden?

We have done hair and blood tests in the past for metals and they were ALL normal. This current test was a urine challenge test using DMSA and then taking his urine over 6 hours. I am not sure how to take all three of these tests together and make an analysis.

I will talk to Bradstreet next week about this.

As far as chelation goes, I am thinking about Chlorella and Cilantro. Anyone ever use these and get the LEAD OUT??? lol

I need some comic relief from all this crap.

IV EDTA is the best chelator for lead. It can take a year or longer doing IV chelation to normalize metals levels. We did oral chelation with our kids last year but intend to restart IV chelation once our mold biotoxin levels are normal.

It is common to see symptoms flair when using strong chelators because the metals attach themselves to viruses and other bugs. Often individuals will get yeast/fungus flairs when pulling. Interphase Plus by Klaire and Chelex by Xymogen have EDTA plus some other good stuff in them to help chelate. It is at lower doses of EDTA in these products so you shouldn't see symptoms flair too much. Interphase Plus will help with biofilms as well if its a problem.

You are in experienced hands to treat heavy metals with Bradstreet.

Edited by sf_mom

Hi cara - sorry, I don't have answers for you as I'm still in the early learning stages of a lot of this, but can I ask you about the tests you did? I am just starting to consider tests (apart from methylation which I focussed on initially but now I need to focus on other stuff) and am wondering which OAT and metals test is it? Great plains?

Also, do you meet face-to-face with Bradstreet or do phone consults? I live in southern Ontario and would need to do phone consults.

I have been following your journey with Bravo and am really interested in it.

We have a Naturopath but honestly, I feel like he's really not into tests - I'm the one pushing for them and when I read posts like yours I see how much they can help with figuring things out, and knowing where to possibly go next.

Unfortunately IV chelation is not an option for us as DS is irrationally afraid of needles and I will not subject him to that kind of torture. So Bradstreet hopefully will have another option for us. Bradstreet is totally aware of how DS reacts to needles so I am thinking he will have other options.

We see him in person because we live 20 minutes away from him. I am thankful for this.

I have heard great things about Chlorella and Cilantro, especially for lead and even if it takes longer to chelate, I am ok with that. Going slow is the only way to go especially in children.

DS is doing great right now and school is starting in 24 days, I do not want to disrupt his stability right now so I would only opt for something that would be very gentle on him.

Since yeast is an issue for him, IV chelation is not something I would want to deal with right now anyway.

There has to be other options. I will let you know once I speak with him next week.

Thanks for all your input, I do appreciate it.

"We have done hair and blood tests in the past for metals and they were ALL normal. This current test was a urine challenge test using DMSA and then taking his urine over 6 hours. I am not sure how to take all three of these tests together and make an analysis."

we did hair test and dr H recommended us, yesterday, to do urine challenge because, she said, it is most accurate.

when she recommends chealator, I 'll tell you what her recommendation is.

Hello Cara615: So good to hear of your childs improving health!

Both my ds and dh take chlorella daily (have for a couple of years). Our favorite (which has muscle-tested well) is HealthForce "Chlorella Mana". They are little green tablets. My son was taking 20 3xday (15-30 min. before meal) but now doing 15 3xday. It seems that the higher amounts are what really work well. The tablets (small) really bothered my stomach so may want to try a small bottle first. They also have powder which I have thought of trying. The cost is very reasonable (~$70-1500 tablets) and the company really tests its products well. We are also taking their probiotic.

With the cilantro, the lead doctor where we go, says to boil water with cilantro, let it cool a bit, and add organic miso, every night. Helps with metals and parasites. This and a morning drink of lemon, organic apple cider vinegar and not sure of the rest (look up Klinghardt) are two easy, inexpensive, maintenance things to do for chronic illnesses.

You are lucky to be near a good doctor! Take care.

• 2 weeks later...

Spoke with Bradstreet, apparently i read the report wrong! The test was for unprovoked metals testing but we provoked DS with DMSA so of course he was going to show higher levels of metals. According to Bradstreet its all within normal ranges and we do not need to chelate. I feel relieved.

However his tics are not gone. They are pretty low (vocals are quiet and hard to hear and motors are low key and few and far between). Well, except for this bottom lip pouty thing he has going on.

So even though he may look normal to outsiders, to me I see him ticcing contstantly.

Bradstreet seems to think we have great gut healing and its going to take time for his immune system to heal and for the tics to resolve. I want to believe this and be patient but i will give it 3 months (maybe) and if things are not better I am getting more testing.

DS's brother just had a T&A and tomorrow we find out the culture results of the tonsils.

in the meantime I am giving DS calcium Bentonite Clay baths to replenish trace minerals. They seem to help - anyone ever use these?