ACN Latitudes Forums

HELP! PLEASE! Lyme experts wanted.

Hello all!!!! I really need some help with any Lyme knowledgeable people. I have a family member that I suspect Lyme...looking for input.

Male mid 70's with known tic bite....4-5 years back. Took tick to doctors office....nothing done.

Fast forward 3-4 years. Known issues...heart issues from previous MI, .......breathing issues diagnoses(pulmonary fibrosis), diagnosed peripheral neuropathy coupled with numbness and tingling. Had known hot knee and swelling one time. Caridiac CRP (inflammation) was thru the roof on a previous blood test. Known poor energy and fatigue, known lack of motivation(not depression). This is all very contrary to previous lifestyle. Granted, he is getting older, but the MI that he had he rebounded quickly. He has seen reg docs but Lyme has never been pursued. He did do 14 days doxy at my recommendation. He is now on an immune suppressant.

Does this sound like lyme?? IIf so it is probably late stage lyme, is it even treatable at this age?? This board has been a huge help for my Pandas Kiddos.

Please provide any recommended LLMD docs, protocols, input.......really anything you have regarding Lyme. Sorry....should have been more specific....LLMD in Ohio or Michigan.

Thanks again for all the posters here!!!!!!!

Edited by worrieddadnmom

Kind of sounds like my dad, who is 75 and I feel has Lyme. Many known tick bites. He's an avid outdoorsman. No MI but he's having some weird cardiac issues and no amount of testing shows a thing. There is an LLMD in Michigan that I see. Will PM you.

Everything you mentioned could be a symptoms of Lyme. There are no guarantees with Lyme, but it certainly couldn't hurt to go to an LLMD and see what they say. 3-4 years after the bite is definitely late stage, but many who've had it for years get better and sometimes even fully well, so absolutely worth a try.

DD and I are both recovering well using Stephen Buhner's herbal lyme coinfections protocols. Abx are not the only route to regaining health and at low dosages herbs are not as stressful to the body as abx can be.

Buhner's associate is available for consultation:

http://www.gaianstudies.org/herbal_consult.html

I don't know much about Lyme, but I was thinking IF he has lyme, he shouldn't be on an immune suppressant. Could someone else pitch in with their knowledge? I'm thinking maybe LLM or someone had stated that before, but I could be wrong. I just remember thinking someone said you don't want your immune system suppressed if you have Lyme.

I don't know much about Lyme, but I was thinking IF he has lyme, he shouldn't be on an immune suppressant. Could someone else pitch in with their knowledge? I'm thinking maybe LLM or someone had stated that before, but I could be wrong. I just remember thinking someone said you don't want your immune system suppressed if you have Lyme.

The immune suppressant would likely help with symptoms for a while, but if infection is involved I would imagine immune suppression would allow it to proliferate.

This is only my opinion. Others here claim immune suppression is necessary for healing.

Edited by rowingmom

For $200 Igenex will run western blot IgG and IgM. Go to website, call them and request a testing kit at no charge.

You will need a doc to sign for it. Doesn't have to treat Lyme just be willing to accept the faxed report. Can be any type of doc.