ACN Latitudes Forums

anyone's child on lumbrokinase or other biofilm dissolver?

We are on a combination of essential oils but no biofilm dissolvers as far as I can read up on what's in the stuff we're taking (Biocidin and Bab-1). Wondering if I should give him something for the biofilm since I've been reading that the Lyme and other bacteria will protect itself in the presence of abx, natural or not.

I know grapefruit seed extract is used but there are conflicting reports about whether that works or if it's just the preservatives. Has anyone tried lumbrokinase, nattokinase or serrapeptase? If so, did you have success? a big herx?

Thanks!

My DS took n-acetylcysteine (NAC) for several years, and it has been discovered to be a biofilm dissolver. It's also a glutamate modulator. There are some kids who do not do well on NAC . . . have some negative behavioral reactions. While there are others, like my DS, for whom the response was only positive. It might be something to look into. If you decide to try it, I would start out with a small dose and build the dose gradually.

Biofilm treatment can cause an extensive herx hence any existing symptom can flair or new ones develop. You are bringing out the bugs with biofilm treatment. I would wait for Dr. guidance on this issue.

We did not start biofilm treatment until we were well into the treatment process. We actually tested older DS and younger DD for biofilms via Fry Labs. Older DS was found to have "SUBSTANTIAL" biofilm communities 3 years ago. We recently reran the tests and he now has "FEW" biofilms. The recent results go hand in hand with his recovery process. He has very few symptoms and maintains a high level of recovery but is still being treated for the few symptoms he has left while we detox for mold.

DD also has biofilms and a biofilm forming organism called FLT 1953. She also has highest levels of mold our LLMD has ever seen. We are not currently treating her for biofilms until her mold toxin levels drop and she physically able to handle treatment.

Edited by sf_mom

Our LLMD prescribed lumbrokinase (Bolouke) throughout DD's abx treatment. Since switching to herbals we now use serrapeptase.

Both of these were dosed in the am. 45 minutes before her other supplements/abx/herbs and breakfast.

Thanks for that perspective!

I actually try stuff on myself or my husband first but have done a lot of off label treatments with our kids that have really helped i.e. Diatomaceous Earth for deworming, 35% food grade hydrogen peroxide baths/nebulizing, ozone therapies for biofilm's, ozone oils, coffee therapies for myself, oxygen drops, etc. We do talk to our Dr.'s about all of them as well.

Once your DS stabilizes or is making headway with Lyme treatment definitely treat or test for Biofilm's.

I just looked at your son's profile and noticed he predominately TICs? Our older DS TIC'd as well. TICs were very, very slow resolving in our situation. They came and went with herx's. In my opinion, the TICs represent that our son was still dealing with something. I highly recommend checking your son for mold as well if you haven't already. Mold toxins/biotoxins can truly present hurdles in the Lyme recovery process. Often those with an issue make very little headway with treatment.

Tests for mold/biotoxins:

• HLA Marker: body's genetic ability to detox mold and biotoxin from Lyme die-off

• Shoemaker Panel: 4 different blood tests to help determine impact of mold toxins/biotoxin's. Used as bench mark for recovery

• Real Time Labs Urine Test: Provide the actual type of mold toxin you are dealing with internally. Used as a bench mark for recovery. They also do ERMI testing for home.

No herxing that I could tell. To be honest, he's been on it for about 2 years now and he was not well when he started taking it. I didn't notice a flare up of worse symptoms though. It has EDTA in it and that is a biofilm buster. It's got a long list of enzymes in it.