ACN Latitudes Forums

What has been your experience w-IV abx?

DS, 15, was on three months of iv abx after two years of oral meds for bartonella/lyme. I don't think it did much to improve his condition, but it sure was expensive. We were not able to use Rocephin because of gall bladder sludge, but the medicine was still almost $3,000 a month including home health care after the first month because the insurance would not pay for it.

Like PowPow, Steroids, Oral abs. and IVIG have been the biggest asset for my son. He is now diagnosed with Specific Antibody Deficiency and we are waiting to get approved for IVIg, again. We did the Pneumovax challenge and he failed (big time) and has had strep four times since the IV abx.

Please make sure your child is evaluated by a highly skilled immunologist. You may find resources at the Immune Deficiency Foundation website. www.idf.org

My son is now 15, looking at playing football, wrestling, driving, and being in the marching band. He still has fatigue, but life is so much better and will hopefully continue on this trajectory.

Best to you,

Cobbie