ACN Latitudes Forums

Rifampin experience?

We were switched from Mepron + Azith to Rifampin + Azith at our last KKMD appointment.

DS16 is doing much better so we are a bit afraid to start and deal with another herx.

Has anyone tittered up on Rifampin? How did you do this...once a day...every other day?

It seems to be the go to abx for Bartonella which is what we are trying to treat,

Thanks as always,

T.Anna

Both my DD and I have been on Rifampin. My DD twice. The first time we titrated up -- we started with 1 cap per day the first week and then 1 cap BID thereafter. We both had really bad herxing but found Rifampin to be very helpful. The second time she went on Rifampin both the doctor and I forgot to titrate up and the herxing was REALLY bad!! So best to titrate. If you need it dye-free as we do you'll have to have it compounded, although the powder itself is a natural orange (and will turn your pee orange).

We were switched from Mepron + Azith to Rifampin + Azith at our last KKMD appointment.

DS16 is doing much better so we are a bit afraid to start and deal with another herx.

Has anyone tittered up on Rifampin? How did you do this...once a day...every other day?

It seems to be the go to abx for Bartonella which is what we are trying to treat,

Thanks as always,

T.Anna