ACN Latitudes Forums

Igg blood work back...

Some of you may remember my recent posts about my non-pandas child. Rage, ADHD, ODD behavior.

The first round of blood work has arrived.

He is SEVERELY allergic to Casein, Whey, Gliadin. Moderately/High to eggs, and gluten.

When I google symptoms with regards to these specific allergies the symptoms are: Irritablitly, Cognitive disfunction, anti-social behaviors.

Now, most people would not be thrilled to discover that their child has these challenging allergies, I AM THRILLED.

I feel like I am on the right track...

Just have to figure out how you make cookies without eggs!!!

Thought I would share with my internet family....you all would understand my joy more then others.

q

Could you share what test your doctor used to check for Casein? The reason I ask is because I took my son off of cow's milk and his face rash is gone. I would like to check for a Casein allergy. When he drinks cow's milk, the rash comes back 24 hours later.

I'm glad you found some answers. I have been finding some good recipes with Gluten Free SparksPeople website and some recipes are dairy/egg free.

Searching for help: Thanks for the warm support..btw..it did pm you...

Rachel: Dr. Greenblatt ran an Igg blood serum test. You can actually order it yourself if you have your peds doc sign off on it. I am not sure what state you are in, but most insurance companies cover it. It is a very legit test.

I mention this often because we had similar food allergies, eliminated specific foods for over 2 years...... the root of our problem wasn't the specific foods but it was an inability to detoxify mold. The antibodies for mold and gluten cross react see below.

Quite interestingly, the genes for celiac disease/gluten intolerance have a significant overlap with the mold genotypes (e.g., DQ2 accounts for 90% of individuals diagnosed with traditional celiac disease). Thus, many individuals with a mold illness may be initially diagnosed only as having gluten intolerance, yet they never fully recover on a gluten-free diet alone. Coincidentally, the low amylose diet recommended as part of the treatment protocol is naturally a gluten-free diet. For further information on celiac disease/gluten intolerance and available testing, go here. - See more at: http://www.betterhealthguy.com/topics/mold#sthash.OUyERaZq.dpuf

This morning my food allergy kid read a book that was 32 pages long, plus dissected each work correctly! He is going into 3rd grade so I know that is supposed to be an easy read at this time. For him, up until today, getting him to read 10 pages with half the words per page was a nightmare. Used to take 45 min. I was struck and thrilled. I hope this is not just a passing moment!

Off topic: My pandas child is at one year anniversary for IVIG. He just had the summer flu: fever, BIG headache, worn down. I was terrified that he was going to flare since headaches ALWAYS proceeded a flare. So far, so good. Fingers crossed.