ACN Latitudes Forums

TS and Allergies?

Hello everyone,

I'm just wondering how many people experience an increase in TS symptoms when it's allergy season. We just found out my son is allergic to some trees and grasses and his symptoms increased about 2 weeks ago - as it is getting warmer and things are blooming here in PA. What doesn't make sense to me is that his symptoms are increased all day long - first thing in the morning till he sleeps, not just when he is outside. If the increase was due to allergy I thought it might be when he is outside or shortly after he comes in - not when he is indoors for 10 hours??

Any input on this topic is greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone.

Hello everyone,

I'm just wondering how many people experience an increase in TS symptoms when it's allergy season. We just found out my son is allergic to some trees and grasses and his symptoms increased about 2 weeks ago - as it is getting warmer and things are blooming here in PA. What doesn't make sense to me is that his symptoms are increased all day long - first thing in the morning till he sleeps, not just when he is outside. If the increase was due to allergy I thought it might be when he is outside or shortly after he comes in - not when he is indoors for 10 hours??

Any input on this topic is greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone.

In short, I don't know the correlation between allergies & TS in general. However, I always have two bad months a year, early Spring & mid-Fall & they seem to correlate with allergy season. I don't have any tree/grass allergies that I am aware of. I wonder how much of it is allergy-related vs. an increase in molds & poorer air quality in general. My month of March has been absolutely horrible--morning 'til night--with the worst of it in the past two weeks. I finally am starting to feel a tiny bit of relief in symptoms. It has seemed to me that it takes my body awhile to get used to weather changes & then I'm OK until the next one. But, like I said, it's all just my experience & conjecture.

I hope your son gets relief soon! I'm loving the warm weather but I'm darn sick & tired of the increased symtpoms.

-Julie

in a word YES...allergies, whether respiratory or dietary etc do seem to have a triggering effect on tics

we are finding Bach's Rescue Remedy very helpful

Hi Cheri, sorry for writing you so much (i think this is the 3rd time today) but coul;d i ask about the Bach remedy. Our son is ticcing alot over the past couple weeks (a WHOLE lot today - UGH!! i feel so bad for him) do airborn allergies cause moodiness, sleepiness - he is very volitile today!! And does this remedy that you like take care of all that. We just started using Clarinex a week ago - do you know anything about the effects of clarinex on moods, tics, etc....

I know that you are very busy, so any input at all is GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks again so much.

itsme,

I hate to keep breaking in on questions for Chemar....but, I had to tell you, I have been around the block with the histamine/allergy thing especially with my oldest son.

YES YES, I think allergies can be a tic trigger AND a mood disrupter.

We found zyrtec to be superior to Allegra. For some reason, they keep giving us a bit of a hard time on our zyrtec refills. I think I read somewhere, where the patent expired and it's not as profitable anymore? Anyway, I keep insisting and I have been able to keep getting it. I know we used Clarinex, but didn't like it for some reason.

Have tried rather high amts. of vit. C and quercitin, but so far have not been able to totally get off Zyrtec.

I wonder if you have ever read anything by Dr. Walsh?

I like to post this for newer people, because it gives some really good info, without getting so technical that you just feel <_<

Gives you a basic understanding of methylation too. I still refer to these pages.

Here is a page with some histime info.

http://www.alternativementalhealth.com/art.../walshFL.htm#Hi

This is the first page with clickable pages at the bottom

http://www.alternativementalhealth.com/articles/walsh.htm

Pages F-L

Pages M-P

Pages Q-Z

You might want to ask Cheri, your question again, so she doesn't miss it!

Hi itsme,

Yes, allergies are a huge tic trigger for me. I don't have the classic allergy symptoms of congestion, sneezing, etc. Mine all show in the way of tics. Neutralization allergy shots work greatly for me.

Carolyn

Itsme,

I do notice if my son is allergic to something in the environment, he would cough. And his cough would subside once out of the environment. So i do think that environmental allergy does trigger symptoms.

My son was borned with asthma. Since we have started chiropractic, NAET, chinese medicine, accupuncture and craniolsacral, his asthma is gone. I do believe once he is done with NAET, his allergy will be much better or gone.

Patty

Hi all,

I have to ask, since most seem to be dealing with springtime allergies -- does anyone have symptoms flair in late summer and fall? That's when I notice my son's vocal start, and he test moderately allergic to ragweed. I understand this is a fall allergen. Does anyone else have that correlation?

Also, when you get treated, i.e. allergy shots, does that erradicate the allergy? or just make it more manageable? We were given a neutralization dose which is in a nasal spray. We have been lax on it lately, but when he was using it everyday in November, I don't think I felt anything was getting better. (In fact, maybe a little better now that not using it presently). Should allergy symptoms, if this is what the ticcing is from, subside when not near the allergen (the ragweed or whatever) or does it stay with you for a while?

Faith

Hi all,

I have to ask, since most seem to be dealing with springtime allergies -- does anyone have symptoms flair in late summer and fall? That's when I notice my son's vocal start, and he test moderately allergic to ragweed. I understand this is a fall allergen. Does anyone else have that correlation?

Also, when you get treated, i.e. allergy shots, does that erradicate the allergy? or just make it more manageable? We were given a neutralization dose which is in a nasal spray. We have been lax on it lately, but when he was using it everyday in November, I don't think I felt anything was getting better. (In fact, maybe a little better now that not using it presently). Should allergy symptoms, if this is what the ticcing is from, subside when not near the allergen (the ragweed or whatever) or does it stay with you for a while?

Faith

Hi Faith,

I am wondering the exact same thing, except for the springtime. Great question, hopefully we can get some answers......?

Hey Faith,

My son tested allergic to goldenrod, and last Aug. the vocals turned to screaming. I don't know if it is that or nerves for the start of school. I do know he never had an increase in the past during that time of year, or I guess I would have known about the TS before age 12. He does not have runny nose or ichy eyes, so can't say for sure it was not the age that caused the waxing.

C.P.

C.P.

Okay, that's interesting. Goldenrod is a late august blooming flower, did you know? See I don't know how much weight to give allergies, since he never showed any symptoms (we just tested as part of the DAN doc treatment). Interesting you should say the same thing, and the same time of increased vocal. My son's was quiet from about Feb/March last year through the summer (except for minimal at bedtime) and started again right before school too, (first subtle and then more as time went on). Before I began on this search, I remember the first time I saw him do a facial tic at age 3 1/2, it was early November, I remember distinctly. ........ maybe there is something to this.

Itsme,

Have you had any allergy testing of any type for your child? Hope others will answer too.

Faith

C.P.

Okay, that's interesting. Goldenrod is a late august blooming flower, did you know? See I don't know how much weight to give allergies, since he never showed any symptoms (we just tested as part of the DAN doc treatment). Interesting you should say the same thing, and the same time of increased vocal. My son's was quiet from about Feb/March last year through the summer (except for minimal at bedtime) and started again right before school too, (first subtle and then more as time went on). Before I began on this search, I remember the first time I saw him do a facial tic at age 3 1/2, it was early November, I remember distinctly. ........ maybe there is something to this.

Itsme,

Have you had any allergy testing of any type for your child? Hope others will answer too.

Faith

Hi Faith, yes we had him skin tested last week and he is allergic to certain trees and grasses and sensitive to corn. We are going to an environmental dr. next week, i will ask him to do comprehensive allergy testing and anything else he can do. Hopefully things go well.

Mike,

Last year my son would tic a lot on the ball field. I thought it was the sun, because he would look at the sun. Or maybe it was treated fields. I just could not put my finger on it. He had practice Sat. and he did not do anything out of the norm for a ball player. He looked and acted just like every other boy out there. I'm wondering if the age has something to do with everything looking like a trigger. What I mean is, maybe their hormones take over so much, that every little thing triggers a tic. I just can't understand what I thought was a problem last year seems to not to be the case this year.

Faith... I'll be wondering about Aug. this year. Bad thing for him is the 8th grade was pulled from the middle school and now he has to go to a different school next fall. So again I won't know if it is school or GOLDENROD!

Another thing to add to my growing list of unlikeables.

C.P.