ACN Latitudes Forums

HHV-6

I'm curious about HHV-6. From what I've read, just about everyone has it. But the doctor told me my IgG for HHV-6 was high at 10.15. He told me to take Valtrex. I don't understand though - wouldn't this value be high for everyone, as everyone has had it in childhood?

I read about the connection between HHV-6 and some types of seizures. I wonder if my "psychotic symptoms" (mainly olfactory hallucinations) were actually seizures.

Also, I read about HHv-6 and its connection to Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. I've been diagnosed with fibromyalgia . I wonder if I have CFS as well, as I feel like utter poop most of the time.

Please enlighten me everybody with your thoughts and knowledge.

My kiddos is high at 10.56. Positive is considered anything over 0.99. I would suspect anyone with numbers as high as you and kiddos merit treatment as current/active infections.

Kiddos is complicated by high EBV, Cocksaxie, and Varicella titers as well. We are treating with Buhner's herbal antiviral protocol. We just started on 05-05-2014.

My daughter also has extrememly high HHV-6 titers. I suggest you do some reading on Dr. Montoya from Stanford. He has done several studies on CFS and HHV-6. Also, he uses the drug Valcyte instead of Valtrex and gets statistically better results. Our LLMD wanted to start with Valtrex first because he said it had fewer side effects, but said we could move to Valcyte if we needed to. Dr. Montoya's work is very interesting.

Dedee