ACN Latitudes Forums

anti seizure medication

Took dd to their er, gave recent blood tests results and history to er doc and he thought anti seizure medication might help with the rages. It a nose delivery. Anyone tried?

You would have to be more specific on which medication?

I'll double-down on Nickelmamma's response. My DS still takes lamictal, though not specifically for rages. His psych prescribed it for its glutamate modulating properties, along with the fact that it gives him a more objective perspective on some OCD behaviors . . . he's less emotionally "bound" to the OCD, so he's better able to push back at it and, ultimately, past it.

We are seeing a neurologist on Friday (non PANS, we've seen him before a year or so ago)

and I am going to ask for lamactil.

We put dd on risperadone awhile back because of rages-

unlivable rages-

and while it tamped that down,

risperadone does nothing, nothing at all for OCD,

and I've come to hate the drug.

I tried tittering down and taking her off, got to all the way off

just this last weekend,

and it was horrible. Very horrible. Had to put back on Risperadone.

So I understand.

I find a bipolar dx so hard to believe with 2 parents with no bipolar on either bloodline.

But the mania I saw this weekend. I don't know anymore.

Edited by sss

DD has started flaring about 3 weeks now and has had a few bad rage episodes as her verbal ticking and incognizant symptoms are getting more intense. She had a rage episode last thrusday that was over the top all while we received new blood test order from Dr. T. mom can't handle DD's rage when it's a 11 on a cale of 1-10, it's just to dangerious so we decided we couldn't wait till wednesday (results follow up) to get some of the results interpreted. We have been able to control the rage episode once the verbal tick show up with advid and Pseudoephedrine HCl 30 mg, but dd has starting rejecting it and it now a trigger. When we arrived at the ER DD verbal tick had kicked in so they allowed us to wait in the physic ward. The ER Doc thought that anti-seizer medican might help to abate the rage and consulted the on call neuro. He prescribed intransal PRN #3 and told us to ask Dr. T about the use of lamictal. We have turned toward benadryl and stopped everything else this past week until we get some new direction.

We are seeing a neurologist on Friday (non PANS, we've seen him before a year or so ago)

and I am going to ask for lamactil.

We put dd on risperadone awhile back because of rages-

unlivable rages-

and while it tamped that down,

risperadone does nothing, nothing at all for OCD,

and I've come to hate the drug.

I tried tittering down and taking her off, got to all the way off

just this last weekend,

and it was horrible. Very horrible. Had to put back on Risperadone.

So I understand.

I find a bipolar dx so hard to believe with 2 parents with no bipolar on either bloodline.

But the mania I saw this weekend. I don't know anymore.

Respidone actually made dd symptoms worse and when we increased the dosage it became a trigger. None of the SSRI's class of drugs we tried worked positivly on dd either, ibprophen 600 - 1000 mg helped reduce the intensity for DD's rages initially, but when we found advil cold & sinus 200 mg, it worked like magic. (until now). I think what's happening is her immune system is reject it because help liver levels are increasing, which is why we can't use it anymore.

• 3 months later...

ds15 started on Trileptal 2 mos. ago b/c nothing else has worked. He had a few rapid-cycling bi-polar episodes of euphoria alternating w/aggression but psych. is hesitant to give a bi-polar diag. b/c of PANS, and we have underlying dev.disability dx as well.

Anyway, having best success w/Trileptal so far. And not perfect, still experiencing aggressive rage episodes, a few per month, so also back to Benadryl or Risperidone-M PRN; I keep forgetting to try Ibuprofen.