ACN Latitudes Forums

Help w/tick situation please...

Hey friends - I just scratched a weird itch and something dropped off. raised bump tells me it's a tick bite and it was a small tick. This leads me to feel quite cray-cray because I cannot find the little bugger! I took a Doxy within 1 hour and plan to do a run to ensure that nothing takes hold. Tell me tho, when it is within the first 24 hrs., how long of a run of Doxy is it again for preventative measures - 3 days or 10 days?

I would do 30 days, that's what my very non ilads ID doc gave me when I thought I had one myself. Also it will get at the nasty co infection a ehrlicia etc. there has been shown to be transmission within one hour, the 24 hours is something I think someone made up

Edited by hopeny

Buhner's suggestion is to immediately take an immune booster like Astragalus. He recommends taking it daily in endemic areas.

I would take at least the recommended dosages on the bottle for a couple of weeks. It will help your immune system tackle any infection before it gets a foothold. You can take it in addition to the doxy.