ACN Latitudes Forums

Same symptoms, new sibling

I have been on this forum in a panic many times over my dd12 who has been diagnosed with PANDAS, had 4 years of psych meds, treatment for Lyme, rec for IVIG, but denied by insurance. Her siblings all have some symptoms of the same, though none nearly as bad as dd12.

The good news....dd12 is doing much better right now. Not perfect, but on a very low dose of psych med and lots of fish oil, etc. When we last saw our doc, he gave us new things to help rebuild her gut, etc. And she has the c677 gene defect. I am now considering supplementing her with the important stuff through many, many more fruits and vegetables (through Juice Plus).

The bad news....dd4, whom I have always known had some of the same early symptoms has within the past week hit the stage where she is afraid to walk from one room to the other if one of us isn't right there with her....often across the room where I can still see her is too much. She says she's afraid. She says she can't describe what she's afraid of. She is suddenly super whiny and clingy, so unlike the happy, bubbly her that she was a week or so ago.

She can still play and do things fun....as long as at least one of us is right there with her. She has always had a hard time going to sleep, but now she absolutely will not stay in bed if one of us does not lay with her to go to sleep....even though she shares a room with two of her siblings.

And she feels like she has a low grade fever. She has a history of a lot of strep, often asymptomatic and difficult to treat. I took her in for a strep test yesterday, and it was negative. But this is it. The same thing. Same emotional issues, and it will only go downhill from here. I know it.

After all of this time, all of this wishing I could go back with dd12 and catch it sooner so we would have a better outcome/lose less of her childhood....here we are again, and I don't really know where to go from here. I have no abx for her...she can't swallow a pill or capsule, and the our family bank is empty from treating chronic illness. So.....what could I use naturally this early on? I am thinking colloidal silver is good for knocking out strep? I have olive leaf extract in a capsule that I could open. Any other ideas?

Sorry to hear another kiddo is at risk, but glad to her DD12 is doing better.

I am treating kiddo right now with Buhner's herbal anti-viral protocol for EBV, HHV-6 and varicella. She is doing fairly well, and it is time to bump up her doses. I am dreading and hoping for another herx reaction when I bump up the doses.

I have both his books now, if you wanna hear about them without having to buy them. One is about herbal anti-biotics and the other herbal anti-virals.

For strep throat he recommends (not sure if a 4 year old will do this or not):

1/2 tsp Echinacea Angustifolia tincture, undiluted, held in the mouth until saliva is well stimulated, then allowed to dribble slowly down throat, over the affected areas; repeat every hour.

Thanks for that info. Yes, I am very interested in buhner and would love to hear more.

I am glad to hear that your kiddo is doing better. I have wondered about you; I haven't been on here much lately.

I am having a bit of a time getting her to take liquid Advil, so I don't think would hold an herbal tincture in her mouth for a long time or let it dribble down her throat.

Oddly enough, her throat doesn't appear to be that red. I am assuming that it is somewhere else....not so easily testable....because I know that she has had t in the past and been unable to get clear of it.

I gave her some olive leaf extract that I had been giving my other kids...opened a capsule. But after she tasted that, I probably won't be able to get her to do that again. I may get barlean's ole (I think it tastes okay (liquid) until I know for sure what else to so. Poor girl. I hate watching another one go down this road, knowing what could be ahead.

My kiddo and I both recently tested positive for strep on the teeth :blink: . Both throat cultures negative, a wound in my mouth was negative, but both our teeth were positive. We are treating this as well with peridex oral rinse and xyliwhite toothpaste.

I have family over tomorrow and friends for dinner Sunday, so I will not be on much those two days. I can try to answer a pm on Saturday or we can try to chat on the phone some time soon.

You may to have to refresh my memory on which conditions your kiddo(s) have. I remember lyme and I believe babesia (sp?) for dd12, but other than that, I have forgotten. Buhner has another whole book for healing lyme, but his website has a lot of info on it as well. http://buhnerhealinglyme.com/

Kiddo started this protocol on +/- the 10th and she herxed for about a week on and off. Now she is stable if not looking up a bit, so time to bump the doses up :unsure: .

At the PANDAS conference last fall one of the physician's recommended taking a bleach bath. Fill the bathtub halfway and put in 1/2 cup of bleach and sit in it for 10 min. This will kill any strep in the rectum or vagina. Just have a talk with your child about how this bath is just to sit in and not to wash up and no touching their eyes.