ACN Latitudes Forums

BRAVO probiotic. We are starting it...

• 2 weeks later...

DS's vocal tics are gone. All we have left are three motor tics. Head jerking, one eye squint and forearm jerks. The arm jerks are getting less and less but the head jerks are still pretty constant and the intensity is moderate.

I am not sure if this is related to his brother's recent strep infection that we can't seem to kick. Brother has been on clindamyacin for 7 days now and I just added in rifampin which he will take for the next 4 days.

We are moving PANDAS ds to a prophylactic dose of azithro which I hope will allow the Bravo more time to work its magic on his gut. Taking bravo while on daily abx can't be doing that much good!!

DS is tolerating the prophylactic dose of Azithro!!!!!! He is not backsliding on our days without abx!!!!!

The interesting thing is that he gets a little hyper/manic after getting the dose. I am thinking its because its 250mgs (very high for him) and his body needs to get used to it still. He has only had 3 doses so far and it seems as thought the hyper behavior is lessening each time. (fingers crossed).

We are now on 4 TBSP a day of BRAVO.

Still no vocal tics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

However, he still has 3 motors 1) head nods (they have lessened in intensity from head jerks) 2) eye blinks 3) lower jaw movement (its a back and forth movement). These motors are not constant either which is good. So I am hoping they will lessen over time as well (as long as we can stay healthy).

His brother is done with the 10days of Clindamyacin/rifampin for his latest case of strep. We go tomorrow for a follow up culture and then on July 30th T&A. if we can keep his brother strep free, we will be in a good place.

i realize that things change daily over here and we are still in such a fragile state.

But I really want to give the credit to BRAVO for getting rid of all the vocal tics, I truly believe it was the thing that did it.

Good for you! Stepping outside the allopathic medicine box is scary, but it can work!

Thanks for the update. For the time being we are trying soil based probiotics - PrescriptAssist - every other day.

http://drbganimalpharm.blogspot.ca/search?q=soil+based+probiotics

DD's ticcing has completely resolved since we started this probiotic. Mind you she wasn't too bad before we started. This was a hard decision for me because of the talk that several of these probiotics are actually spore formers (like C diff) and hard to get rid of once you introduce them.

• 7 months later...